Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Marcus Adams

nice touch to put his brother in our shirt
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    nice touch to put his brother in our shirt
    I think their both in West Perth tops which are the same colours as ours Doc.

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the look of this guy. Looks ready to go next year too. Keeps his feet, strong in the air and a neat kick. He seems to play the Easton Wood role only he's much bigger.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

This bloke looks like a latter-day Ross Glendinning
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Too me Adams plays a lot like Brian Lake. From the limited vision I have seen I am really confident he will have a successful career with us.

Do we see him being used as a swing-man when required?
    Me too! I just watched his highlights and I was impressed. I was thinking we have Brian Lake mark 2. He was marking everything that came his way (although a highlights package won't show him dropping sitters) and he chose to mark the ball rather than punch. He looks to have very strong hands overhead.

I'm very pleased with this selection.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo was really happy to get him. He got a couple of questions and I asked one about 'The Specimen' and Bevo gave a big grin like it was an insiders joke. After he answered the question he had to tell the room he was talking about Adams. Bevo said although being mature age he's played limited footy, but really excited to see where the club can take him. Moves well, strong, big, talented and quick. He also mentioned he's trimmed down a bit already and fitness staff will assess whether he needs to trim down anymore. To me it sounded like Bevo takes a keen interest in the draft sorting process.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bevo was really happy to get him. He got a couple of questions and I asked one about 'The Specimen' and Bevo gave a big grin like it was an insiders joke. After he answered the question he had to tell the room he was talking about Adams. Bevo said although being mature age he's played limited footy, but really excited to see where the club can take him. Moves well, strong, big, talented and quick. He also mentioned he's trimmed down a bit already and fitness staff will assess whether he needs to trim down anymore. To me it sounded like Bevo takes a keen interest in the draft sorting process.
    Do you think there would be a coach who didn't? Their (coaches) ability to get results is very much dependent upon the talent that is brought into the club through the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Do you think there would be a coach who didn't? Their (coaches) ability to get results is very much dependent upon the talent that is brought into the club through the draft.
    Definitely. This was Bevo's first draft as he was appointed in November last year. It's interesting that we have identified a much bigger set of bodies this year generally the picks felt much more tailored to list requirements. Would be good to know how much of this was directly his influence and what our draft would've looked like if he wasn't involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    While I tend to agree I didn't think Wallace involved himself enough in recruiting in fact he often made it known that it wasn't his job.
    I think the coach needs to ask a lot of questions to ensure the recruiters and list management decisions are right. They might not need to know every bit of detail but you can't have a coach sitting back distancing himself from critical decisions.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

At the Social Club function last night, Bevo was asked about him having some down time. He mentioned he was going to do so later in December and that he had been busy since the end of the season with various activities - I took this to mean an active interest in the drafting of players.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    At the Social Club function last night, Bevo was asked about him having some down time. He mentioned he was going to do so later in December and that he had been busy since the end of the season with various activities - I took this to mean an active interest in the drafting of players.
    No doubt. And ensuring new recruits are settled and pre-season training programmes are bedded down. I reckon October/November are massive months for AFL clubs. Once recruiting/trading is done and pre-season routines are in place, that's when the Bevo's of this world can reset and start thinking about 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the latest on the moustache which has its own postcode?

Post Thanks / Like

Luke Beveridge calls him ‘The Specimen’, and now Marcus Adams has a number to go with the nickname, the West Australian being awarded number 33 this week.

It was just 10 days ago that the 193cm, 95kg defender was sitting at home on the couch with his Mum and Dad in Perth waiting to hear his name called out on draft night, and now he is a Western Bulldog living in Melbourne.

Most of the new draftees across the AFL could relate to Adams’ description of his time at his new club as a ‘whirlwind’, but only a handful are as far away from home as the West Perth product.

“[I’m] probably not settled in as such just yet. I haven’t got my car or my full time living arrangements sorted yet, but once I get all of those sort of things it will make it feel a little bit more homely.

“Whether it will ever feel like home, I don’t know, but I’m looking forward to a long time here hopefully.”

If the scouting reports on Adams are right, he may well be at the kennel for a while yet. The 22 year old had a standout year in the WAFL in 2015, his combination of speed and power allowing him to cover opponents of all shapes and sizes.

Paired with that big body is a good game sense, and an aggressive streak. It’s a package that Bulldogs Recruiting Manager Simon Dalrymple thinks could see Adams play straight away.

The number 33, of course, carries some weight around the club. Brian Royal played 199 games for the Club, was All-Australian in 1983 and 1986, and is a member of the Bulldog Team of the Century.

It’s a lot to live up to, but Adams thinks it’s special to pull on the red, white & blue, regardless of the number on the back.

“I’ve looked up at the locker a few times, but I haven’t had much time to think about it yet… but I’m sure in the future I’ll be looking at the legends banner.

“There’s some amazing names up there but I think the whole jumper is [important] let alone the number. There’s so many legends to carry on from.”

link
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I read another training report FWIW that Adams can't kick with his right. A concern?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I read another training report FWIW that Adams can't kick with his right. A concern?
    I just answered this on the training thread. I'd love to know in what context and the definition of what you have read in terms that he can't kick with his right foot actually means?

FWIW, I think your information source is wrong. You're basically saying it's been reported to you that he can't kick because he is right footed.

Perhaps this is worth a look at for you.

Adams

What is your view on his right foot kicking based on the two links I have provided on the threads?

His kicking isn't bad but like a lot of players he could improve on it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"