Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  55
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Marcus Adams

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    There was one underneath where we were sitting that I'm pretty sure Dahl ran under because it just kept going. Has a huge hoof which I don't think we saw pre-season
    Yep, his kicking during the preseason was nothing to get excited about. Lets hope his efforts yesterday are a sign of things to come.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday was my first look at him in the flesh. He looks fantastic, tall and very muscular - no question, he is KPB size. Very impressed with the way he played. Positioning against and accountability for his opponent was very good, imo. Ariel work excellent. Running with the ball, excellent, he is mobile with a bit of dash as well. Disposal skills very good, noting in particular he has a real hoof on him which is a great get out of jail free card to have.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed watching him play as well as he did. A first up match up with Pavlich was going to be a challenge. Liked his bump on Pavlich straight after Pavlich's bump on Wood on the boundary. Liked the aggression he showed against the big veteran.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    How good was the 50m+ bullet to (I think) Hunter on his own. Exactly what they want him to be doing.
    That was sensational. There was a 40 metre option for him too but he saw and was capable of creating the long option which once again broke Freo's line and got us out the back. The value of an extra 10-15 metres on the length of the long ball is very important.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    That was sensational. There was a 40 metre option for him too but he saw and was capable of creating the long option which once again broke Freo's line and got us out the back. The value of an extra 10-15 metres on the length of the long ball is very important.
    He made a similar klck to Macrae (who dropped a sitter) and in both instances Adams really opened up the ground with precise long kicking. Hopefully this can become a feature of his game.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow we have a player in Adams. What a fantastic debut.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the interview after the game where Adams says it was the best day of his life - or at least in the top two.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Love the interview after the game where Adams says it was the best day of his life - or at least in the top two.
    It was great.

Also liked Dunkley's interview, couldn't wipe the smile off either of their faces.

Post Thanks / Like

The beauty of Adams is that he can play both ends of the ground too which could be useful in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day for him and the club.
    Looked like a kid in a lolly shop in the after match interview.

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope Marcus Adams goes on with it. A big, strong, mobile player equipped with good skills and 'presence' brings
    a great deal to the team.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Yesterday was my first look at him in the flesh. He looks fantastic, tall and very muscular - no question, he is KPB size. Very impressed with the way he played. Positioning against and accountability for his opponent was very good, imo. Ariel work excellent. Running with the ball, excellent, he is mobile with a bit of dash as well. Disposal skills very good, noting in particular he has a real hoof on him which is a great get out of jail free card to have.
    So is he 193 really or closer to 190 as some have suggested?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    What a great day for him and the club.
    Looked like a kid in a lolly shop in the after match interview.
    haha 'this is the best day of my life (remembers girlfriend) - um, no definitely top 2'. well played sir!

14. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    So is he 193 really or closer to 190 as some have suggested?
    Interesting point, from what I saw on Sunday I would say he is about as tall Pavlich but I could not say he looked taller. Pavlich is listed as 192cm on Footywire. I'll go with he is closer to 193cm than he is to 190cm.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Interesting point, from what I saw on Sunday I would say he is about as tall Pavlich but I could not say he looked taller. Pavlich is listed as 192cm on Footywire. I'll go with he is closer to 193cm than he is to 190cm.
    He's listed at 193cm on the club website.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]