Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
It's sad to hear and read about Bennells recent struggles with injury and behaviour but I had a read of this thread that had very contrasting views on if Bennell was worth trading for. There was a significant push for him to be traded for but the concerns raised at the time still seem valid.

To me this discussion underlines that the process Dalrymple and J-Mac goes through to enure we get high quality types at our club is well worth it and if we miss a few talented but potentially troubled players along the way I can live with that.

How confident are people that he can come back and make a decent go of it?
If you can believe Ross Lyon, Bennell, like Deledio currently, he has been severely, and continues to be, hampered by his calf.

It's a bit chicken and egg for mine, with his constant calf issues playing a role in separating him from all that he knows / loves coupled with his lack of mental strength to give his body the best chance of repair.

If somewhere through this he can get his calf issues resolved, and then get on the park with some consistency he may still make it. The clock must be at about 5 mins. to midnight with him.