Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  30
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Name A Game (Off Season Trivia Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    EF v Collingwood when Scooter and Bubba played their last games in Melbourne.
    no, it was later than that
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was Round 15, 1967. We scored 14 goals for the game, 7 in the second qtr and 7 in the last. Won by a goal. Howling northerly to Mt. Mistake goal. Only 4 wins for the season of which 2 were against Richmond (eventual premiers) and Collingwood who finished in the top 4. We finished bottom of the ladder. Bad times for the club and supporters. Any stories about Don Mckenzie? I know he went to Sunshine in the VFA and i think he won the VFA best and fairest. Came back to coach in the aftermath of Billy Goggin leaving from memory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It was an end of an era in more ways the one, and the team we beat also had the same number of wins.
    I'm guessing this was the last game of 2011, in a lot of ways the end of the Eade era of us as a competitive finals type team, with players like Hall, Ward and Hudson moving on. Did we beat Freo at home, with both teams around 8 or 9 wins?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I'm guessing this was the last game of 2011, in a lot of ways the end of the Eade era of us as a competitive finals type team, with players like Hall, Ward and Hudson moving on. Did we beat Freo at home, with both teams around 8 or 9 wins?
    Bingo - your turn.

Certainly was an end to an era with all those guys leaving.

PS: We need more participants form WOOFERS.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bingo - your turn.

Certainly was an end to an era with all those guys leaving.

PS: We need more participants form WOOFERS.
    Yeah. Where has BT gone?

Your go PP
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok.

This was a game where we proved too good for an eventual grand finalist despite their excellent accuracy (14.3). Fondly remembered as a game of unexpectedly high quality by both sets of wary supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok.

This was a game where we proved too good for an eventual grand finalist despite their excellent accuracy (14.3). Fondly remembered as a game of unexpectedly high quality by both sets of wary supporters.

Too easy. I will leave it for someone else to get.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok.

round 1 this year vs west coke?
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Correctamundo DB. Good work. You're up.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, an unexpected win put us on the top of the ladder, in somewhat of a false dawn for both club and player, a previous unknown turned hero booting 8 goals almost single handedly destroying a previously powerful and despised enemy's season at their home ground relegating them to their rightful place at the base of the ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure that was the great John Georgiades debut v Carlton at Princes Park R1 some year late in the 80s (1988?). Great day, but started a horrible year.

12. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure that was the great John Georgiades debut v Carlton at Princes Park R1 some year late in the 80s (1988?). Great day, but started a horrible year.
    that would be the one, year was '89 though.
    Was a pretty ordinary year but what a fantastic day that was to open our season, still believe Georgiades was pretty much responsible for carlscum missing the finals that year, they never really recovered from that, think he my have kicked 4 or 5 the following week before slowly morphing from superstar to a trivia question but he'll always be a hero to me for that day alone 22 possies and 8.4 from a hff on debut, there was only one way his career could go from there lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, he was a strange one DB. I remember he kicked 15 goals in his first 3 games as a flanker and then seemed to pretty much disappear. From memory he was a left footer that may have got worked out pretty quickly. Still, great debut.

Guess that makes me up:

This game was a home victory against a premier of that year. Memorable for 2 Bulldog bags of 6 goals, 1 from an 18 year old in just his 4th game (he went on to be a much different player) and another from a spearhead who showed brilliant ability at times but never fulfilled his potential.

Post Thanks / Like

oohh, i think i know this one, another despicable club, remember the 6 from the 18 year old, the bit about being a very different player is appropriate as i have to carry the shame for believing he was soft for some weird reason, couldn't have been further from the truth.

i've had my turn for now though shall let others play

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, he was a strange one DB. I remember he kicked 15 goals in his first 3 games as a flanker and then seemed to pretty much disappear. From memory he was a left footer that may have got worked out pretty quickly. Still, great debut.

Guess that makes me up:

This game was a home victory against a premier of that year. Memorable for 2 Bulldog bags of 6 goals, 1 from an 18 year old in just his 4th game (he went on to be a much different player) and another from a spearhead who showed brilliant ability at times but never fulfilled his potential.
    1993 against Essendon?

West with 6 (don't think I saw him kick 6 goals live total so this would have been amazing), do t know the spearhead - Del Ray?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post