Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  30
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Name A Game (Off Season Trivia Game)

Bobs kick got us within a goal. It was the Ugg Boot who kicked the winner from a dodgy free for in the back at the 30 minute mark of the last quarter that day. The Carlton supporters were feral.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Bobs kick got us within a goal. It was the Ugg Boot who kicked the winner from a dodgy free for in the back at the 30 minute mark of the last quarter that day. The Carlton supporters were feral.
    year was 2000 at Princes Park, about round 18, 19?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How do you bloody remember that? And what the hell are you doing up at 8 minutes to 5am anyway?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you're kinda right TD (nothing gets by you), I took a little liberty given it was Bob's debut and he was named AA captain today. He did actually put us in front late that day, but Carlton scored again then Bartlett scored the utimate winner. Bob has written about the match, apparently Matthew Lappin punched him at every stoppage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    How do you bloody remember that? And what the hell are you doing up at 8 minutes to 5am anyway?

It was a pretty memorable day. I can remember that day parking the car at the Sarah Sands and walking up to OO. I can remember burning a joint at halftime. I can remember Kouta starting to get a few touches just after halftime and my mate saying "here we go" I can remember Trent Barlett falling over and the umpires whistle and thinking "he's not going to pay the push, surely?", the umpire running in holding his arm out in our direction, the Carlton supporter next to me screams-just screams, no swearing, no audible words,-one long scream and the stand around me erupts in abuse. I can remeber us standing on our seats after the game taunting Carlton supporters, leading at them and generally being pretty gracious winners in general.

The thing I vividly remember most is the little girl holding her dads hand and saying "but the Bulldogs aren't meant to beat us".

6. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Yeah, you're kinda right TD (nothing gets by you), I took a little liberty given it was Bob's debut and he was named AA captain today. He did actually put us in front late that day, but Carlton scored again then Bartlett scored the utimate winner. Bob has written about the match, apparently Matthew Lappin punched him at every stoppage.
    Right you are. They did get in front again. Anyway if anyone deserves a bit of poetic license, it's Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Right you are. They did get in front again. Anyway if anyone deserves a bit of poetic license, it's Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember going into work on Monday and a few Carlton supporters really pissed off. One called us cheats due to the super flood.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I remember going into work on Monday and a few Carlton supporters really pissed off. One called us cheats due to the super flood.
    Carlton had won 13 in a row going into to the match and were 2nd to the undefeated Essendon late in the year. It was the tail end of their era of supreme arrogance.

11. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlton had won 13 in a row going into to the match and were 2nd to the undefeated Essendon late in the year. It was the tail end of their era of supreme arrogance.
    From memory Carlton were playing Essendon the week after they played us. It was all set for a blockbuster match, Carlton just had to beat us...

Post Thanks / Like

From memory Carlton were playing Essendon the week after they played us. It was all set for a blockbuster match, Carlton just had to beat us...
    Yep. Essendon then beat Carlton and then we beat Essendon all within 2 weeks. Sadly that was the end of an almost great era for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Essendon then beat Carlton and then we beat Essendon all within 2 weeks. Sadly that was the end of an almost great era for us.
    We should have done better in 1999 and 2000, let alone 97/98

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to break up the party, but one of Boydogs or Twodogs owes us a Name a Game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I hate to break up the party, but one of Boydogs or Twodogs owes us a Name a Game

A game we were 39 points behind at 3/4 time and barnstormed home to win. Venue, year and opponent please. Won't worry so much about round because I'm not sure myself.

Hint, the game wasn't at WHitten/Western Oval.

Post Thanks / Like

Was it MCG, V Adelaide in 2001 ?

18. Likes chef liked this post