Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  60
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs bring in AFL to investigate 'leak' to Adelaide Crows

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I live in China. The AFL operates in a very similar way to government here. Behind closed doors, secretly with their own agendas.

The party would be more transparent than the AFL surely? ��
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with others, and we can't keep someone who has had a major hissy fit because he wasn't getting a game.
    If we bring in one of the VFL young key backs they wouldn't be worse than Talia
    My bet is they'd interview the hawthorn players, and they'd give nothing
    The afl is so image conscious they'll do anything for this to go away, and added the Carlisle fiasco you can see this going away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Robbo- Is a journo. In fact a very senior journo, he's also a complete cretin. So is John Ralph, So is Mick Warner etc etc. I would give a journo's view on anything about as much weighting as something I'd read on social media.
    Coincidentally this is precisely where the afore-mentioned journos trawl through to get all their stories from.

The AFL will find nothing because that is what they want to find. Anyway, job done and we got rid of the dead weight of a disgruntled player from our list who had major limitations in his game. A key defender that a) can't defend one-on-one and b) can't play in a zone defensive structure is about as useful as tits on a bull.

4. Likes 1eyedog, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Coincidentally this is precisely where the afore-mentioned journos trawl through to get all their stories from.

The AFL will find nothing because that is what they want to find. Anyway, job done and we got rid of the dead weight of a disgruntled player from our list who had major limitations in his game. A key defender that a) can't defend one-on-one and b) can't play in a zone defensive structure is about as useful as tits on a bull.
    Yep.

I would have traded him before the leaked info, anyway. He's tall but that's it; we can find better options both in the draft and various state leagues.

Post Thanks / Like

And we are still waiting. This stinks of procrastination to try and spin things a particular way so that they avoid having to face the music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    And we are still waiting. This stinks of procrastination to try and spin things a particular way so that they avoid having to face the music.
    Yep. Or it's so serious the commission is being convened to allocate us a compensation second round pick...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. Or it's so serious the commission is being convened to allocate us a compensation second round pick...
    There is a frog in central Australia called the water-holding frog. It covers itself with its own saliva and buries itself deep in the sand for months even years at a time, waiting in hibernation for it to rain. Thus is the optimism of Bulldogs supporters!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

9. Likes bulldogtragic, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    There is a frog in central Australia called the water-holding frog. It covers itself with its own saliva and buries itself deep in the sand for months even years at a time, waiting in hibernation for it to rain. Thus is the optimism of Bulldogs supporters!
    I'd prefer covering other people with saliva and then bury them in sand.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Gareth Keenan Investigates!

12. Likes bulldogtragic, azabob, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Gareth Keenan Investigates!
    You spelt Investigates wrong. So I guess it wasn't Talia, but Finchy all along.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Monday a decision was apparently imminent, with Stevo and others reporting they would be cleared. Now nothing! Just wonder if we have kicked up a bit of a stink.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Last Monday a decision was apparently imminent, with Stevo and others reporting they would be cleared. Now nothing! Just wonder if we have kicked up a bit of a stink.
    So I guess those Hawthorn players are all lying...

Post Thanks / Like

Or are they waiting till Cup Day to announce their findings, to smother the story?

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking we should have run a book on the exact number of days the AFL thinks is ideal to stage manage a fake investigation. I'll say 45.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So I guess those Hawthorn players are all lying...
    Yep and we're just making a mountain out of a mole hill. Remember it was just brothers having a chat like they do every other week. Nothing in it.