Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2016 East Meets West Training Day

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Maybe the best thing to do would be for the East West Club and our scheduling people at the club to decide on the best date during January for the club to come over. We have decent support out in the east and when I take the train in to games there is always a good few red white and blue around. We need to tap into as many markets as we can and events like the East West Day and entice potentially new supported of our club.
    My idea is to abandon the East West Training day and come up with a new event altogether. It obviously doesn't suit the players training on an unknown ground.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My idea is to abandon the East West Training day and come up with a new event altogether. It obviously doesn't suit the players training on an unknown ground.
    What do you have in mind BAD?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

What do you have in mind BAD?
    I am not a marketing expert, but perhaps during school holidays have something similar to family day, but come up with something where kids and families meet the players.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a marketing expert, but perhaps during school holidays have something similar to family day, but come up with something where kids and families meet the players.
    So still have it at Wesley but not really have a training session more of a meet and greet of our playing group and maybe some speechs from the president, coaches etc.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

So still have it at Wesley but not really have a training session more of a meet and greet of our playing group and maybe some speechs from the president, coaches etc.
    Yes that is one way. Have some other fun things as well

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is one way. Have some other fun things as well
    Could be a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps, the East West club needs to rethink this event and organise something different. As you say, it's obvious Bevo is not interested.
    I get that but I question if the club would let LB shut down an organised session at Ballarat or another emerging supporter area.
    To me this smacks of the East West day just not being seen as important to the club as other area's.

No problems if the EWC rejigs the day into something other than a training session but the club needs to have a serious think about what they expect rather than stuffing everyone around late in proceedings.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Thanks Eastie, I feel for those of you who are disappointed and could have made other plans but I would much rather a cancellation or a new date than a player going down with a knee or any injury.
    I have played on many a ground that look lush, green and perfect from the sideline to only discover it was sub-par when running onto the surface.
    Your making convenient excuses for the club who should have done their due diligence weeks beforehand rather than at the last minute. If there is a safety issue with the ground (and I don't think there is) then find a more suitable ground for next year and make sure it's on track 3, 2 and 1 week before the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Really we need to make time for Ballarat and the East West Club. Neither is less of a priority and need to be both respected.

12. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's pure speculation and I think you are wrong. This is what is on the clubs site as the reason why it was changed:

In consultation with the East Meets West supporter group committee, this Saturday’s East Meets West Day has been rescheduled to 31 March — due to a late amendment to the football training program, leading into the Club’s annual training camp in Mooloolaba on Wednesday.

The training program has been changed to accommodate another annual event with the East West Day moved to another date.

Post Thanks / Like

Really we need to make time for Ballarat and the East West Club. Neither is less of a priority and need to be both respected.
    I think it's pretty clear that the EW day isn't a priority now.

Post Thanks / Like

But on a Thursday in the middle of the working week will certainly not suit many unless that is when the school holidays are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That's pure speculation and I think you are wrong. This is what is on the clubs site as the reason why it was changed:

In consultation with the East Meets West supporter group committee, this Saturday’s East Meets West Day has been rescheduled to 31 March — due to a late amendment to the football training program, leading into the Club’s annual training camp in Mooloolaba on Wednesday.

The training program has been changed to accommodate another annual event with the East West Day moved to another date.
    I am speculating, but I can see from the reasons given last year and this, Bevo doesn't want to train there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that the EW day isn't a priority now.
    Your probably right GVG but except the last 2 years they came out with no problems as far as I know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Hmm I highly doubt that.

The Wesley ovals look like bowling greens and are in better shape than the WO I would think.
    W
    After they did some major work on them a few years back during the drought they have been an oasis of picture perfect green grass year round. This is a top notch private school we are talking about here not a public oval.

I get the feeling they didn't want to do another public show and tell session as there are a few already.

I don't think Bevo is that fond of them personally, which I can understand.
    Agree....was there the other day and the grounds are immaculate.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.