Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

When will it be our turn?

Quite frankly I'm getting a bit sick of the Hawks winning nearly every year. I'm hoping soon we make it and then I'll be able to hang Bulldog stuff outside my house leading up to the GF. There supporters do not know what long suffering is and they always seem to win the big ones. I'm hoping the Dogs next can have a dynasty. What do you woofers make of this time of year?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: When will it be our turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Quite frankly I'm getting a bit sick of the Hawks winning nearly every year. I'm hoping soon we make it and then I'll be able to hang Bulldog stuff outside my house leading up to the GF. There supporters do not know what long suffering is and they always seem to win the big ones. I'm hoping the Dogs next can have a dynasty. What do you woofers make of this time of year?
    I always enjoy the lead in to the Spring carnival.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

It's the time of year that I either suspend Foxtel or let my son have the movie channel.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Tune in to trade week, tune out otherwise. I hate horse racing, so thats not an option.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

When we make it our turn.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes Twodogs, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Next year!

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When we play better than Hawks did.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I think we can win it next year but I would be stoked just to make it!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

It will be good for our boys to watch that. Hodge kicking bananas from the boundary. Brian Lake cutting off everything. Frawley monstering their talls. We need to be THAT good.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Strive for greatness!
    It's the time of year I switch the radio permanently from SEN to Radio National.

Post Thanks / Like

Still feeling great about our improvement this year, and we did beat the runner up once. Looking fwd to trade week and some hopefully ruck/ tall surprises.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Brian Lake cutting off everything.
    We saw plenty of that in a Dogs jumper, until someone saw fit to try and transform one of the elite defenders of the competition into a forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    If I wanted to see a flag every few years, sure, I'd barrack for the Hawks. I know it's tough, we all feel it, but that's what makes being a Bulldog what it is. When we finally win one, we'll show those Hawkers how the partying is done.

I do think we'll win one. We just have to do it totally against the grain. That's more rewarding, in my book. The "Miracle On Ice" isn't spoken about so reverently because the USA were favourites.

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes very true BAS. Being a Bulldog is character building. We all love this club and membership should be up for us regardless of whether we are going good or not.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with this. Watching the smug, controlled Hawthorn celebrations post-GF was actually boring. Was like a Xmas party at a medium sized suburban accounting firm. If that's as good as it gets as a Hawks fan, I'll take the years of anxiety and heartache for that one glorious explosion that is surely coming (and a few more to follow).

19. Likes Maddog37 liked this post