Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Club's Development Gurus

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-1...elopment-gurus

You have to scroll to the bottom for the Dogs content. Good to see Chris Maple and the team get some recognition here. Clearly getting some very good results. Helps getting quality recruits to work with, but we have seen other clubs get highly rated recruits year after year (eg Melbourne) not develop into good AFL players.

The development team are an important but under recognised part of a football department, so yay for Chris and the team.

Little mention to Ryan Davidson who always seems to get the Dogs in these AFL pieces. Recently nailed a list evaluation on us around draft time (way better than most 'senior' journos would've). Got good Dogs knowledge, hopefully gets more detailed pieces given more prominence.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Club's Development Gurus

Brian Cordy isn't involved at VFL level anymore with Tom Williams stepping into the VFL defensive coach role.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Brian Cordy isn't involved at VFL level anymore with Tom Williams stepping into the VFL defensive coach role.
    Do you know why SP? Would hate to think it's anything to do with the family being displeased with Ayce's delisting.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to just be myself..
    I'm female so I view things differently to men..
    Boy, isn't that a fact
    I've had a huge problem with the last many years where all I kept hearing was how wonderful Macca was for his recruitment of great young players
    I never once heard what a wonderful job Jason McCartney had done for our club..
    Brendan looked like the messiah because he didn't give enough credit to the people around him.. He spent too much time selling himself, and the club and some supporters were mesmerised with his dribble
    The amount of work Jason put into our club.. Recruiting amazing players.. Advising Brendan.. Who then went out to meet families and players.. It's called team work.. Football isn't a one man sport.. And neither is building a club... Let's thank everyone who contributes to the existence of this club..
    I was at the fightback foundation in 1989..
    You can't possibly thank just one person for getting us here today..
    Recognition of various people and players connected to this club is confidence building and instilling belief..
    In the whole time I've been supporting footscray /Western bulldogs... I can feel the magic deep within my soul <3

5. Likes bulldogtragic, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Do you know why SP? Would hate to think it's anything to do with the family being displeased with Ayce's delisting.
    Not sure, Brian couldn't do training last year and pretty much only helped on match day. So maybe they were looking for someone who was more hands on? Imagine time constraints would have been a contributing factor for Brian.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggy style View Post
    I'm going to just be myself..
    I'm female so I view things differently to men..
    Boy, isn't that a fact
    I've had a huge problem with the last many years where all I kept hearing was how wonderful Macca was for his recruitment of great young players
    Brendan looked like the messiah because he didn't give enough credit to the people around him.. He spent too much time selling himself, and the club and some supporters were mesmerised with his dribble
    The amount of work Jason put into our club.. Recruiting amazing players.. Advising Brendan.. Who then went out to meet families and players.. It's called team work.. Football isn't a one man sport.. And neither is building a club... Let's thank everyone who contributes to the existence of this club..
    I was at the fightback foundation in 1989..
    You can't possibly thank just one person for getting us here today..
    Recognition of various people and players connected to this club is confidence building and instilling belief..
    In the whole time I've been supporting footscray /Western bulldogs... I can feel the magic deep within my soul <3
    Don't worry DS you'll find plenty in here who see things the same as you. There are some BMac threads in here where strong opinions are expressed, those in the negative don't hold back. Sentiment towards JMac is decidedly less mixed, we pretty much all love him (and SD).

By the way, really enjoying your posts

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggy style View Post
    If you do a bit of a search you will see J-Mac and Dalrymple get strong support on here by many of the good folk.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Your Club's Development Gurus

Lots of love for Simon Dal and Jason Mac.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Simon Dal and Jason Mac are going to be legends of this club, as the work they've done bears fruit over the next five exciting years. Hold onto your seat.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they've been both duly credited for our improvement .
    McCartney of the B variety has copped his fair whack on here, and been praised.
    The development of our players has been first class, and Jmccartney and Chris Maple and numerous others deserve high praise.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton has an extensive list of development coaches. Must be why they are doing so well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
    Carlton has an extensive list of development coaches. Must be why they are doing so well.
    Perhaps it is recognition that they have a lot of work to do in that area.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Maple currently on SEN.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Chris Maple currently on SEN.
    Did he say anything worth noting ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Did he say anything worth noting ?
    Quite an interesting general chat about how football departments and development programmes operate, but nothing terribly exciting or specific.