Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Meet the Bulldogs this summer

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...gs-this-summer

Meet the Bulldogs this summer
    January 5, 2016 7:00 AM

Newsletter
    RSS

Open training sessions are a great way for Bulldogs fans to interact with players.
    Weekly Open Training Sessions* (Recommencing from week beginning Monday 11 January, 2016)*

Head down to Victoria University Whitten Oval across the preseason to watch the players train and prepare for the home and away season.

Tuesdays Afternoons, from approximately 2:15pm
    Saturday Mornings, from approximately 8:30am.

*Session times are subject to change, check westernbulldogs.com.au weekly for the latest updates.

East Meets West

Saturday 23 January
    Time TBC
    Wesley College, Glen Waverley

Mooloolaba Training Camp

The Bulldogs will once again head to the Sunshine Coast for a pre-season training camp, with an open training session to be held at the Maroochydore Sports Complex on Sunday 31 January, 2016 from 9:30am. All Sunshine Coast based Bulldogs and football fans are encouraged to come down, watch the players train, and stick around after the session for a chance to get an autograph from your favourite player.

Ballarat Community Camp

The Western Bulldogs will head to the Ballarat region from Tuesday 16 February to Wednesday 17 February for the annual Australia Post Community Camp. The players will conduct a series of school and community visits, and there will also be opportunities for the general public to meet the team. Full schedule of these activities will be released closer to the event.

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meet the Bulldogs this summer

as noted by a couple of other posters on the 2016 Training thread, this is completely different to last year where you could wander down to advertised sessions most days of the week. I suppose the Club wanted a lot of transparency with supporters after the turmoil of Shocktober.

While this season's pre-season arrangements are a bit disappointing, it is also intriguing. Why has Bevo gone all secret squirrel? What are they working on?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Further point: I don't mind that they appear to be starting a week later than a lot of clubs. It is a long season, I would hate for our guys to do the ol' excessive-preseason-and-run-out-of-gas-half-way-through-the-year routine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Further point: I don't mind that they appear to be starting a week later than a lot of clubs. It is a long season, I would hate for our guys to do the ol' excessive-preseason-and-run-out-of-gas-half-way-through-the-year routine.
    Is that a moot point considering we trained a week later than the rest before xmas and I'm sure the players have a set period of leave that needs to be met.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Is that a moot point considering we trained a week later than the rest before xmas and I'm sure the players have a set period of leave that needs to be met.
    Wasn't aware of that - hope we can hit a balance.