Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11

View Poll Results: Who owns 'The Cheats'?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Essendon

10 83.33%
  • Carlton

2 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun Facts :)

Post Thanks / Like

Fun Facts :)

Fact: Essendon is officially a proven drug cheating club, with drug cheating administrators/staff and unwittingly somewhat drug cheating players.

We can't get (successfully) sued now, it is now a fact in the history of their club and the VFL/AFL history. Like their cousin Carlton, a salary cap cheating club. They can fight for the right to who holds the official title of 'The Cheats'.

Just to be sure I'm clear. Essendon. Are. A drug cheating club.

So who should own the title of 'The Cheats'?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun Facts :)

No coincidence the two clubs I have despised all my life to be the biggest cheats in AFL history. They didn't win all those premierships by not cheating.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Close call, but I'm still going for the long term champs. Its even written on their guernseys; CFC - cheats f'n cheats.

Bummers can be the drug cheats, but one era led by a narcissist sociopath can't quite match a decades long ingrained institutional cheating mentality.

4. Likes always right, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    No coincidence the two clubs I have despised all my life to be the biggest cheats in AFL history. They didn't win all those premierships by not cheating.
    And Essendon still reckon we tried to cheat in the Champions of Victiria (a title we still hold) match in 1924.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

EFC have now cheated and been caught across PEDs and the salary cap. They should be deregistered. Anyone who follows them is a person of poor character.

7. Likes N/A, craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Essendon - over the salary cap in 2003, awarded a premiership despite not playing a Grand Final nor being the best team in Victoria in 1924, now the drug scandal.

It took a lot to knock Carlton off the perch but by golly they've done it.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both teams are utterly shithouse in the modern era, coincidence??
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Brent Stanton add to his 248 games without ever winning a final? This suspension could keep him out of the record books, will this be taken into consideration when the law suits start?
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

13. Likes Twodogs, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    EFC have now cheated and been caught across PEDs and the salary cap. They should be deregistered. Anyone who follows them is a person of poor character.
    Only team in AFL history to win a premiership in a year that they breached the salary cap (1993).

There is no bigger shit-stain on the game than this club, despite the stiff competition from Carlton, Collingwood and newcomers West Coke.

15. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Lol. My Dad follows them. He just laughs at all this now. A lot of good working people follow Essendon and they are no different to us.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Lol. My Dad follows them. He just laughs at all this now. A lot of good working people follow Essendon and they are no different to us.
    Essendon supporters are very different to us. They are arrogant as well as the biggest whinging team when free kicks are not paid.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I love taunting Essendon supporters. They get very worked up.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

19. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I'm not going to bad mouth your Dad GD, despite that admission he has a serious character flaw. Essendon's fan base are nouveau riche, bourgeoisie rat bags. It is no coincidence that this specific scum bag club tried to cheat everyone and then indignantly expected us to all just get on with it and let them walk away.

It'll be sickening watching the 'heroes journey' narrative build up in the media over the short and medium term. They should be deregistered, despite Kevin Hillier's comments on SEN today. The most shameful comments made by a Bulldog man on the topic to date.

21. Likes Ghost Dog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SOS you can never be accused of sitting on the fence. I love your commitment to the cause.
    I guess there are varying levels of evil, with politicians, religious zealots and then there are Essendon supporters.

My Dad would most def not been among the 700 that turned up at Windy hill to cheer what remains of their list onto the park.
    In South West Vic, or country vic, you get a lot of AFL fans but they have lives and they don't name their kids 'Jobe' or anything like that.
    In my experience that tends to be a suburban phenomenon. I've been to some scary BBQ's in Moonee Ponds or Reservoir with Essendon fans who were pretty much rabid.
    In short, my Dad is the nicest, warmest bloke and grew up in different world, where you could support your team and still be a gentleman about it. He loves sitting at the footy and talking to whoever is beside him. There are lots of AFL fans like this.

Essendon have had a lot of odd characters on their list - much like Richmond. If our list was as ungainly, unsightly and odd as theirs, surrounded as it is by syncophants and mis-shaped, overblown egos, I would probably change teams.
    Essendon, Carlton, Richmond - the biggest stuffed egos with ungainly lists that smack of experiments gone wrong.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 14-01-2016 at 08:50 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

23. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Fact: Essendon is officially a proven drug cheating club, with drug cheating administrators/staff and unwittingly somewhat drug cheating players.

We can't get (successfully) sued now, it is now a fact in the history of their club and the VFL/AFL history. Like their cousin Carlton, a salary cap cheating club. They can fight for the right to who holds the official title of 'The Cheats'.

Just to be sure I'm clear. Essendon. Are. A drug cheating club.

So who should own the title of 'The Cheats'?
    Both of them. Equally.