Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Revamping the forward line

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Crameri is a massive loss, nevertheless, on his form in the second half of 2015, nearly as bad a loss as Libba jnr in 2015.
    Libba or Crameri out. Both in my view a big losses but the upside is that we still did very well without Libba for a year and hoping we can do the same in 2016 this time without Crameri. Do you see one being a more bigger loss than the other?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Libba or Crameri out. Both in my view a big losses but the upside is that we still did very well without Libba for a year and hoping we can do the same in 2016 this time without Crameri. Do you see one being a more bigger loss than the other?
    Easty, Libba as club champion was more significant but let's not downplay the blow of Crammers not playing for the entire season 2016.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW IMO A tough and tight call to make but I think Libba was a bigger loss for us last year then what Crammers will be for us this year Easty.

Sure Wally and others stepped up last year in Libba's absence and others will have to do the same in Crammers absence but I see both scenarios as being great oppurtunities for others to raise their game to higher levels and grab their chances.

Although if anything what we saw last year was the fact that unlike in past years we don't rely on one or two of our stars to play blinders to get us over the line .

Anyone of our best starting 22 have the capability to be match winners across the board and that's why it has me salivating at the prospect of continued future long term sucess at our proud club that we have been starved of for far too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Libba was a bigger loss in terms of mere quality but I think Crameri hurts our structure more, particularly given how dangerous we were in the second half of the year with Crameri/Stringer/Dickson. The former motored home in the last few months of the season, and even in that final, could have been the difference and kicked 5 or 6.

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Easty, Libba as club champion was more significant but let's not downplay the blow of Crammers not playing for the entire season 2016.
    Yes agree. Any loss of any player is significant.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 19-01-2016 at 12:21 AM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Libba was a bigger loss in terms of mere quality but I think Crameri hurts our structure more, particularly given how dangerous we were in the second half of the year with Crameri/Stringer/Dickson. The former motored home in the last few months of the season, and even in that final, could have been the difference and kicked 5 or 6.
    His misses in that final were costly, but he showed what he can do on the big stage. Will be missed, that is for sure.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo seems to have Clarkson's mentality. One soldier goes down another takers his place. The Hawks didn't miss a beat when Franklin left the Club.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Stevens is the obvious answer, foot permitting, with Jong second in line. Both guys have shown the ability to hit the scoreboard, both guys would cover the same amount of ground as Crameri, and have the aggression and hard headedness to hit the ball as Stew would. And with our midfield becoming increasingly crowded due to the return of our best player (!!!), both will probably see their midfield minutes reduced. Stevens has even shown the ability to play this very position in a pinch (or when injured).

They probably (definitely) don't have the one-on-one nous that Crameri does, but few do. On the plus side, they probably won't chokeslam anyone after they've gotten rid of the ball once a game either.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -