- When given time, exceptionally clever over short to medium distances

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Declan Hamilton - the forgotten Recruit - Can he make it

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    From what I have seen of Dec..
    - Not fast
    - Not strong
    - When given time, exceptionally clever over short to medium distances
    I'm sceptical as well but it isn't as if he will be taking the spot of someone in form.

He is competing with the following for the spot (extended bench plus a couple of others):
    Roberts, offers team balance but really hasn't performed in his role the last few outings and contributes little elsewhere.
    Liberatore, contributes more than Deccas, I don't expect him to be dropped.
    Honeychurch, has had his chance and despite being involved enough has struggled to make an impact.
    Dickson, very good player but has done nothing this year and his last few performances have been ineffectual at best.
    Williams, I would pick Williams ahead of Hamilton.
    Daniel, no way Hamilton gets picked ahead of Daniel, although they should play similar roles
    Smith, very different type but is also not fast and regularly struggles to impact games.
    Webb, solid VFL form but struggles to get involved at AFL level.

Not really sure that you can say anyone other than Libba, Daniel and maybe Williams offer more than Hamilton atm. Legitimately he could be in our best 25 available right now, and it's not a big stretch to justify his inclusion.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Declan Hamilton - the forgotten Recruit - Can he make it

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I'm sceptical as well but it isn't as if he will be taking the spot of someone in form.

He is competing with the following for the spot (extended bench plus a couple of others):
    Roberts, offers team balance but really hasn't performed in his role the last few outings and contributes little elsewhere.
    Liberatore, contributes more than Deccas, I don't expect him to be dropped.
    Honeychurch, has had his chance and despite being involved enough has struggled to make an impact.
    Dickson, very good player but has done nothing this year and his last few performances have been ineffectual at best.
    Williams, I would pick Williams ahead of Hamilton.
    Daniel, no way Hamilton gets picked ahead of Daniel, although they should play similar roles
    Smith, very different type but is also not fast and regularly struggles to impact games.
    Webb, solid VFL form but struggles to get involved at AFL level.

Not really sure that you can say anyone other than Libba, Daniel and maybe Williams offer more than Hamilton atm. Legitimately he could be in our best 25 available right now, and it's not a big stretch to justify his inclusion.
    The out of form point is true. Libba, Daniel and Williams must play imo. Daniel has been pretty good this year. Libba is struggling but at least has some composure when he gets the ball. Williams consistently does well at VFL level and has a weapon we need.