Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Beat The Drum, Release The Dogs

Everyone surely knows Triple J have/had a competition Beat The Drum where people essentially in modern terms photo bomb, or interestingly place Triple J logos around town to win a prize, but which helps raise their profile.

Many years ago, we started a thread like this saying we should replicate the concept with bulldogs stuff. Woofers did but I don't think the club did, although I did email them about but there wasn't anything formal done. But, I remember a short while later after our thread the best I saw on tv (through us or not) was a Victorian Senior Detective turning up the Coroners Court, walking through the huge media pack conspicuously holding a Western Bulldogs backpack at the right angle to make all the media filming/photographing relay this picture.

Clearly, our resident award winning cartoonist and our resident grand master of Lego are the club house leaders, but I was thinking what we could achieve by reviving the old concept we played with many moons ago to see how good and/or creative we could go at being opportunistic for the club's profile - and have some fun.

The winners also get serious bragging rights, so if you do something or see something please feel free to share.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beat The Drum, Release The Dogs

What was that case? Was it one of the hearings into the gangland murders? I vaguely recall the broo-ha ha over it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What was that case? Was it one of the hearings into the gangland murders? I vaguely recall the broo-ha ha over it.
    I don't remember the specific case, I think it might have been, but I was still in the job at the time and thought this guy is a genius plugging our club in prime time on every network. Ambush marketing at its best, surely we can equal or better it. Leaving aside ReLoads impossibly high benchmark.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Does singing our theme song over and over to my Kinder children count?

5. Likes Drunken Bum, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meshe1969 View Post
    Does singing our theme song over and over to my Kinder children count?
    Yes!!

Sorry ReLoad, this is my clubhouse leader now. How many kids per year can we expect to ask their parents for a dogs membership?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don't remember the specific case, I think it might have been, but I was still in the job at the time and thought this guy is a genius plugging our club in prime time on every network. Ambush marketing at its best, surely we can equal or better it. Leaving aside ReLoads impossibly high benchmark.

Was it DS Iddles? I'm pretty sure he is a westy.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yes!!

Sorry ReLoad, this is my clubhouse leader now. How many kids per year can we expect to ask their parents for a dogs membership?
    Game on - challenge accepted.

Side note: Gave the pictures/use of the dog to the club to use, LEGO has a pretty big reach with Kids, they said thanks but not interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

Side note: Gave the pictures/use of the dog to the club to use, LEGO has a pretty big reach with Kids, they said thanks but not interested.
    Really?? I thought they'd be all over it. Well I loved it and that's all that matters!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

Get Hawthorn to do it first then the club will get onboard

Post Thanks / Like

The one thing we can thank Julia for.

Official presents for Obama:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

But what has she done for us lately? (Head and finder snaps simultaneously)

Post Thanks / Like

The all time leader should be whoever gave Wheels from Degrassi Junior High a Footscray jumper back in the 80s. I'm not sure if it's ever been explained how a Footscray jumper ended up on a character in a Canadian TV show!

14. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The all time leader should be whoever gave Wheels from Degrassi Junior High a Footscray jumper back in the 80s. I'm not sure if it's ever been explained how a Footscray jumper ended up on a character in a Canadian TV show!
    I gave my daughters Canadian boyfriend a cap and scarf and he produces movies. Maybe one day he will use them in a movie.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I gave my daughters Canadian boyfriend a cap and scarf and he produces movies. Maybe one day he will use them in a movie.
    Hopefully not on a Neo-Nazi skinhead like Russell Crowe in Romper Stomper again!

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

the way I see my role as Principal of a Primary school is to actively encourage/convert students to the way of the Dogs. I have always set myself a goal to convert one a year to not just say they support the Doggies, but actually buy a membership. In my 24 years of education, I have converted 18 students so far to be members.

I'm on a mission from god (aka Doug Hawkins)
    WOOF Member 422

19. Thanks bulldogtragic, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post