Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Adcock calls it a day

Western Bulldogs defender Jed Adcock has announced he will retire from AFL football at season’s end.

After 206 games across 12 seasons with the Brisbane Lions, Adcock joined the Bulldogs at the end of the 2015 season via the rookie draft.

The 30-year-old has played seven games in 2016, taking his career tally to 213.

Bulldogs Director of Football Chris Grant praised Adcock for his influence on the Bulldogs playing group.

“Jed has played really important roles for us in his short time at the Club, and his professionalism and leadership have been particularly noteworthy.”

“The time and guidance he has provided our younger players has been integral at both AFL and VFL level.

“We wish Jed all the best, and thank him for his contribution over the past 12 months.”

Adcock thanked the Club for their support, while looking forward to the next phase of his career.

“I want to thank the Club for giving me the opportunity to continue my career.

“Although it’s only been one year, I’ve learned a lot both as a player and from a coaching standpoint.”

“I’m ready to move on to the next phase of my life and career, which includes pursuing coaching at AFL level.”

Adcock was originally recruited to Brisbane with pick number 33 in the 2003 AFL Draft from the North Ballarat Rebels, and went on to captain the Lions in 2013 and 2014.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At least two rookie spots now open.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

No surprise. Thanks Jed.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck to Jed, and thank you.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a stand up guy that's made a mature decision. Did ok for us when he played IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Jed, did your bit when we needed you. Good luck for your next stage in life.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it nice of an AFL club (us) allowing an AFL veteran to make the call publicly and let his legacy be about a mature decision and retiring on his terms...........................
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jed.

I wish him well for his future endeavours.

Is his retirement immediate or after the season for us? because we might need him the way we are dropping like flies.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Thanks Jed.

Is his retirement immediate or after the season for us? because we might need him the way we are dropping like flies.
    I smell a final seniors berth coming up soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Was good to have him involved and Im certain he set a good example for the 'scray

His last game for us against GEELONG was perhaps his best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Thanks Jed.

He's retiring at the end of the season. Not many would pass up a VFL finals series with the prospect of an AFL final.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

We really need to cut deep into the list again IMO.

Going forward, foot skills must be an absolute priority - we carry FAR too many ordinary ball users. We have to look to move on the likes of Stevens, Jong and maybe Clay.

Post Thanks / Like

My mantra for the upcoming trade season is to trade grunt for silk

Post Thanks / Like

Minson is shot. No basic contract, no rookie list spot. I love what you given to this club, but father time has caught you. Prudden too, possible rookie list but I wouldn't.

Jong & Stevens still haven't signed. Clubs are interested. The one good game must be weighed against the many average. So if the price is right, traded.

Honeychurch may seek opportunities and a trade elsewhere. No point holding him back if 2017 will be the same.

That's my near enough to end list, no more rolling around for me. I'd look hard at Vickery as a free agent (Minson's spot), look generally at Boomer (replacing a small) and take 3 picks into the draft hopefully all within 30 with the above trades. If we need a genuine tall forward such as Cloke, Black or McStay (etc) then Matt Boyd may be in trouble with Roarke & Williams looking good at the level.

17. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Minson is shot. No basic contract, no rookie list spot. I love what you given to this club, but father time has caught you. Prudden too, possible rookie list but I wouldn't.

Jong & Stevens still haven't signed. Clubs are interested. The one good game must be weighed against the many average. So if the price is right, traded.

Honeychurch may seek opportunities and a trade elsewhere. No point holding him back if 2017 will be the same.

That's my near enough to end list, no more rolling around for me. I'd look hard at Vickery as a free agent (Minson's spot), look generally at Boomer (replacing a small) and take 3 picks into the draft hopefully all within 30 with the above trades. If we need a genuine tall forward such as Cloke, Black or McStay (etc) then Matt Boyd may be in trouble with Roarke & Williams looking good at the level.
    Agree most of the way, but Boyd is a clear retain for mine, he is simply too valuable as a player who gets his role perfectly within Bevo's system. The thing that seperates him from others in our backline is his abilities as a contested player when required.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 29-08-2016 at 06:36 AM.