Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1560
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    This. We forget Rourke Smith who in my mind should be on the main list. Good sized player with heaps of upside.
    No need to place him on the main list when we have injuries that already go deep into next season.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    This. We forget Rourke Smith who in my mind should be on the main list. Good sized player with heaps of upside.
    80 kg and under 6 foot? Do you mean he can play taller?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    80 kg and under 6 foot? Do you mean he can play taller?
    I think he has a long way to go to reach his limit but I do believe can play on a variety of opponents given he has a good leap.
    2017 is a huge season for him if he is to become a senior player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Just flicking through our recent last person on the list. To me it says Prudden should be off the primary list:

2011: Fletch Roberts PSD, Dickson last picked
    2012: Ed's brother (delisted free agent)
    2013: Tom Young (nothing trade) & Sam Darley (both very good VFL players, but got them wrong)
    2014: Shane Biggs (steak knives trade) & Hamling (delisted free agent)
    2015: Suckling (free agent) (Jarrad Grant making way after the trade period)

Ed's brother was only ever always a short term option. So of the rest, 5 of the 7 players that effectively took last spots on the list are playing AFL next year. On that exposed form, I'd rather look at a delisted free agent or failing that, the draft. We seem be able to speculate pretty good on players not getting much of a run at other clubs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he has a long way to go to reach his limit but I do believe can play on a variety of opponents given he has a good leap.
    2017 is a huge season for him if he is to become a senior player.
    I tend to agree. He's strong in the air so can play on taller opponents, but only insomuch as a Biggs type player could. He's got a nice left foot and moves across the ground well and, as per his debut against West Coast, seems to be a player-type the MC are keen on.

Seems eager and looks coachable as well.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

An unexpected announcement. Good luck to Josh as he hopefully moves to the rookie list.

So that's Minson, Hamling Hrovat, Stevens and Prudden off the senior list and Cloke is added to it.
    Potentially 4 picks in the draft or the ability to acquire a FA.

The Western Bulldogs have today confirmed their list changes for 2017.

Will Minson will depart the Club, after announcing earlier this month 2016 would be his last season with the Bulldogs.

Josh Prudden was informed he would not be offered a senior contract for 2017, but the Club will re-select him in the NAB AFL Rookie Draft on 28 November.

Bulldogs List Manager Jason McCartney acknowledged both players.

“Will had a big impact on and off the field in his 13 years, as a former All-Australian and now a VFL premiership player.

“We want to thank him for his valuable contribution during that time and we wish him the very best for his next steps.

“Josh is progressing well through his knee rehabilitation and we are committed to selecting Josh as a rookie for the 2017 season.”

The Club also confirmed rookies Roarke Smith (third year) and Brad Lynch (second year) would be retained for 2017.

Jed Adcock (retired) and Luke Goetz (not retained) will make way for Prudden, and one other rookie-listed player – to be finalised at November’s rookie draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Good move, IMO.

3 picks in the draft and a crack at a DFA like O'Shea, Richards or Litherland.

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As expected for Prudden, the club is sticking with him after his knee. He has shown potential at VFL level and in a couple of senior games.

Lynch and Roarke are still young and can prove them selves over the next year or so.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    As expected for Prudden, the club is sticking with him after his knee. He has shown potential at VFL level and in a couple of senior games.

Lynch and Roarke are still young and can prove them selves over the next year or so.
    I reckon that is a kind assessment of Prudden BAD because he hasn't been on the park enough to judge that properly.

R.Smith and Lynch are shaping as additions to the senior list during next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Good decisions all around. Prudden gets one last chance, Roarke Smith will get senior opportunities from the rookie list to show he deserves a main list spot and we give ourselves the room to sign a DFA.

Post Thanks / Like

5 new players to be added to the list (likely to be 3 draftees (inc 2 top 30 prospects), 1 DFA for position depth & another rookie). Nice injection into the premiership list.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy with this, not so much the rookie listing. Three half back flankers, two with ACLs in 18 months. So one pick in the RD effectively.

You'd think we have a DFA in mind.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon that is a kind assessment of Prudden BAD because he hasn't been on the park enough to judge that properly.

R.Smith and Lynch are shaping as additions to the senior list during next season.
    Yep, with 6+ changes next year if they put another good season together they jump up. Good timing if it eventuates.

Post Thanks / Like

Played 4 AFL games on top of his VFL season last year, and I thought he showed potential and that is why the club is keeping him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Putting aside Prudden's on field ability, keeping him on reinforces to the playing group that we will do the right thing by them. It's impossible to measure, but you could argue that unity and morale won us a premiership and acts like this help to foster that.

It's why I think Hawks are in for a decent slide next year. Would you die for your teammates and coaches if you know you're considered expendable.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.