Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 25 of 104 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Staggered Wood didn't play earlier in the year . Way better player than Turner .
    Wonder what Roscoe thinks ? Vardy would be a permanent figure in the Tom Williams injury centre, and I reckon the Roughy Big Tom combo is going well . Tom Lamb from West Coast looking to come home

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I read some somewhere Vardy is staying at Leicester
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes chef, Twodogs, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Staggered Wood didn't play earlier in the year . Way better player than Turner .
    Wonder what Roscoe thinks ? Vardy would be a permanent figure in the Tom Williams injury centre, and I reckon the Roughy Big Tom combo is going well . Tom Lamb from West Coast looking to come home
    I like Vardy's talent, but unless it's a low pick it's a big gamble due to his constant injuries. Lamb is an interesting one as I don't know what AFL position he will play and how good. His punch and suspension in his final TAC year still sticks with me as regard to what is going on in between his ears.

It's a shame there's nothing too much in the free agency cabinet this year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I like Vardy's talent, but unless it's a low pick it's a big gamble due to his constant injuries. Lamb is an interesting one as I don't know what AFL position he will play and how good. His punch and suspension in his final TAC year still sticks with me as regard to what is going on in between his ears.

It's a shame there's nothing too much in the free agency cabinet this year.
    Lamb's got a bit of the Everitt's about him , and was reported to have a bit off an attitude.
    Jon Ralph has us as one of the club's circling Hurley, which would be interesting .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Lamb's got a bit of the Everitt's about him , and was reported to have a bit off an attitude.
    Jon Ralph has us as one of the club's circling Hurley, which would be interesting .
    Hurley would be a huge get, I just read the article and surely we are a better option than North or Adelaide for him. Even more so great is that his status is a delisted free agent and only costs us wages. This would be my priority, and also look at possibly trading our first rounder to go after a ready made midfield gun.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Man, snaring Hurley as a FA would be unbelievable.

If this happens, I'd look to offload our first for a star (Hill, Walters caliber) and just go all out next year. Plus add Crameri!

Time to earn your money, JMac.

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Man, snaring Hurley as a FA would be unbelievable.

If this happens, I'd look to offload our first for a star (Hill, Walters caliber) and just go all out next year.

Time to earn your money, JMac.
    It's the stuff of our dreams really. Look to have Collins & Fletch competing for full back. Hurley at CHB. Morris 3rd tall with Cordy to takeover when he retires. Wood & Adams as athletic tall intercept defenders. Hamling for depth. Too many rebounders to mention.

Someone like Dion Prestia in the guts or Steve Hill on a wing would be amazing for our first rounder (inc. some tweaks). Would we roll the dice with our 2017 first rounder (hopefully 14-18) on someone like Wood, or second rounder (hopefully 32-38) and a 23-28 player (Jong etc) on someone like McStay?

Provided we aren't looking at any other free agents that's 5 or 6 players we need gone from the primary list with a trade & free agent. Minson, Prudden, Jong and two/three more (maybe from M. Boyd, Hamilton, Hamling, Honeychurch, Hrovat).

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Lin Jong was seen touring the Collingwood facilities last week before the Sydney game. Being uncontracted will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Apparently Lin Jong was seen touring the Collingwood facilities last week before the Sydney game. Being uncontracted will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    I think a few clubs would be after him. A bidding war would be a good thing, if not a little fanciful on my part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Are negotiations allowed to be so overt during the season? I thought discussions during the season were only allowed to be whispered sweet nothings between club and player agent?
    I'd be really disappointed if one of our guys was waltzing through another clubs facility. Not sure how necessary it would be for a player to have to physically get a set of eyes on Collingwood's facilities to know how well they are kitted out.
    I suspect this might be bs.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that kosher?

Keep your eye on the prize and leave that shite until after the season. If you're not on board, you can play at Footscray for the rest of the year.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Lin is our multicultural ambassador. If he was at Collingwood HQ, it may have been for an AFL meeting in that role.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Lin is our multicultural ambassador. If he was at Collingwood HQ, it may have been for an AFL meeting in that role.
    I thought it might have been some official role. Collingwood would be stupid to parade an opposition player through their facility during the season.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I thought it might have been some official role. Collingwood would be stupid to parade an opposition player through their facility during the season.
    We did it with Boyd apparently and he was still under contract.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Collingwood are stupid
    edited for accuracy after all they gave away their future for Treloar to GWS. Of all clubs why would you do it for them? Why make the future super power even stronger. Idiots.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

19. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post