Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 33 of 104 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    If we get Hurley, I think Hamling should be delisted/rookied.

With the Beveridge style, we only play 3 tall defenders if they really warrant spot. We will have...

First choice- Hurley, Adams, Morris/Wood combo

Replace Morris/back ups- Collins, Z Cordy, Roberts.
    Hadn't thought about that, but it's a great point. Hamling would be last of those 8 players, so he get cut then. I'm not sure about the rookie list spot as I posted above, I think it clogs that list. Although if the rookie list is abolished that could change a few things up.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

First choice- Hurley, Adams, Morris/Wood combo
    At 186cm Wood must be the shortest tall defender in the modern era.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    At 186cm Wood must be the shortest tall defender in the modern era.
    Yeah, I think it's about who is around him. You can't have him as #1 tall defender but if we have one bigger body and another guy who can negate a tall, it's fine.

I find fans are obsessed with height. Worst case scenario for a shorter defender is a one on one. I would still back Easton over Hamling or Roberts easily. The thing is, he is better with freedom to be intercept marker though. Such a gun!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think it's about who is around him. You can't have him as #1 tall defender but if we have one bigger body and another guy who can negate a tall, it's fine.

I find fans are obsessed with height. Worst case scenario for a shorter defender is a one on one. I would still back Easton over Hamling or Roberts easily. The thing is, he is better with freedom to be intercept marker though. Such a gun!
    I think it goes the other way too - worried about being too "top heavy" if our defenders demanding game time are tall.

Morris could play short and Adams & Zaine Cordy aren't slow and can use the ball well so there are times where we can go taller in the backline and still play well.

I wouldn't mind an Aaron Francis type on the list though - a genuine Moz sized rebounder who can go third man up. Just seems that type would fit our gameplan beautifully.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His dad is rollo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I think it goes the other way too - worried about being too "top heavy" if our defenders demanding game time are tall.

Morris could play short and Adams & Zaine Cordy aren't slow and can use the ball well so there are times where we can go taller in the backline and still play well.

I wouldn't mind an Aaron Francis type on the list though - a genuine Moz sized rebounder who can go third man up. Just seems that type would fit our gameplan beautifully.
    Yeah I am constantly about not placing too much value on height alone.

I think you need to play at least one guy who can go with the bigger bodied forwards, Fletcher Roberts is getting a game on that basis now that Adams is out. Other than that, I think you go with your best overall defensive unit. Really important to play mobile, smart players to fit into our team defence structure. Adams, Woods, Morris and Z Cordy all seem a good fit for the way we structure down back. Collins and Roberts really fighting for the same spot to replace an injury at the moment until they can either add mobility or force way in on own right through form.

8. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I am constantly about not placing too much value on height alone.

I think you need to play at least one guy who can go with the bigger bodied forwards, Fletcher Roberts is getting a game on that basis now that Adams is out. Other than that, I think you go with your best overall defensive unit. Really important to play mobile, smart players to fit into our team defence structure. Adams, Woods, Morris and Z Cordy all seem a good fit for the way we structure down back. Collins and Roberts really fighting for the same spot to replace an injury at the moment until they can either add mobility or force way in on own right through form.
    Is Adams actually proven as someone who can go with the 'big guys'?

I wouldn't have thought so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Is Adams actually proven as someone who can go with the 'big guys'?

I wouldn't have thought so.
    Roberts nor Adams are proven to go with the big guys. More saying they are our best hope at doing so.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we look at trading Stevens and Hunter. Both players have good currency. In Stevens case we've got a heap of inside mids, and in Hunter's case I'm just over his disposal.

We need good ball users.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I think we look at trading Stevens and Hunter. Both players have good currency. In Stevens case we've got a heap of inside mids, and in Hunter's case I'm just over his disposal.

We need good ball users.
    Agreed, Hunter just signed for three years so he won't be going anywhere I'd bet. Stevens I'd trade right now for the right price. We need Hurley about 3 hours ago, so if that's what it takes...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Agreed, Hunter just signed for three years so he won't be going anywhere I'd bet. Stevens I'd trade right now for the right price. We need Hurley about 3 hours ago, so if that's what it takes...
    What is the right price you have on Stevens?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    What is the right price you have on Stevens?
    The trade the club deems a win. We've been stockpiling players with a view to trading for need when required. I'm sure a few clubs would be interested in him, and he's yet to ink a deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight said more about Jong than Stevens for me. Fumbly, poor decisions, panics - he's not what we need. A pick around 30 gets that deal done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Tonight said more about Jong than Stevens for me. Fumbly, poor decisions, panics - he's not what we need. A pick around 30 gets that deal done
    Stevens was mentioned s having real currency. GCS have picks in the mid-low 20's which will get pushed back with free agency compo, academy and father-sons. GCS wanted him last year, they can have him this year for said pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Stevens was mentioned s having real currency. GCS have picks in the mid-low 20's which will get pushed back with free agency compo, academy and father-sons. GCS wanted him last year, they can have him this year for said pick.