Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

On this years form I would keep him although the message would be if the form drops off be prepared to spend time in the VFL.
    The bad news is that form can spiral downhill very fast once you hit 30 at the top level.
    If the AFL dropped the rookie list and extended the main list it would make life easier on aging players.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Former Australian Under 19 Cricket Captain Pat McKenna has been in the best for the GWS NEAFL team six out of the last ten games.....
    Was drafted as a forward straight from Gisborne in the Bendigo League, but is now playing as a defender. He has a lovely kick makes excellent decisions.

I'd be very happy if we traded a late pick for him.

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They have been terrific. I think we would have been worse without them.

It is hard to tell when these players should be retired off. These days players seem to be able to go longer whereas in the past anyone hitting 31 were deemed too old. I think it is the same with lots of sports now, through better training, diet, and overall fitness.
    I agree, they've both been fantastic - and hit levels I didn't think they could re-find

I see no reason why they both would not go around again in 2017 - both hyper professional, great role models, and extremely driven

Post Thanks / Like

So where are we at now. Ruck stocks depleted, and Minson will get another run. Matty Boyd getting 'old man niggles'. Lots of serious injuries, does Adcock stay? Plus probably too much exposure for ACL recurrence risks. Jong touring Collingwood and perhaps interest again from GCS. Talk of Hurley probably means putting up some decent footballers for trade. Interesting times.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If there's a positive to Minson coming it it must be that surely Boyd won't 50/50 the ruck duties with Minson (and boy will it be infuriating if they do)

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Declan Hamilton has re-signed. Not sure why we have done this now, surely it could have waited until after the season to give us a little more flexibilty.

Meanwhile, 2014 draftee Declan Hamilton has also extended his time at the Kennel.

Hamilton recently signed a one-year extension which will take him into his third season at the Club after being recruited from Port Adelaide in the SANFL.

Post Thanks / Like

I still believe in 4 changes (even if father/sons, rookie upgrade/s). 5 possibly with a free agent. But it's getting thin now with Morris & Hamilton getting a contract this last week. Gordon says we are big players this trade period. So we have to make room to be active.

1. Minson rookie list or retire. Sorry Will, it's a brutal industry and I love everything you have given.
    2. Prudden delisted. Too many in front now.
    3. Stevens. Trade. Still hasn't been re-contracted. He's our best currency to help.
    4. Jong or Honeychurch. Trade. Foot skills are King, so Hrovat is safe for me.
    5. Hamling. Trade. If we have Hurley, Morris, Collins, Adams, Roberts, Cordy & Wood that's enough height down back surely.
    5a. If Hurley doesn't come off and we want Hamling... Matty Boyd. God he's still in good form, but I'm not sure about a contract with Bob, JJ, Biggs, Wood, Williams, Roarke, Lynch, Webb, Dale, Suckling etc, etc all playing in 2017.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I still don't think we'll delist Prudden. I can understand the view from many that we will - but I hope we don't - AND - I don't think we will. To me, it's clear that Bevo really rates Prudds. I think at worst - he gets delisted and re-drafted/rookied.

12. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I still don't think we'll delist Prudden. I can understand the view from many that we will - but I hope we don't - AND - I don't think we will. To me, it's clear that Bevo really rates Prudds. I think at worst - he gets delisted and re-drafted/rookied.
    For a little while now I've started to question the value of the senior coach having their say in list management decisions.

Fore example, can our coach sign off on the hard list management decisions that may need to be made or will he want players to be given more chances than they otherwise should receive?

It sounds like Prudden might be one of those difficult decisions.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    For a little while now I've started to question the value of the senior coach having their say in list management decisions.

Fore example, can our coach sign off on the hard list management decisions that may need to be made or will he want players to be given more chances than they otherwise should receive?

It sounds like Prudden might be one of those difficult decisions.
    Yeah I see what you mean about the coach having too much say. We have to make hard decisions but it's not going to happen if the coach wants to keep everyone.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

He made the hard decision last season with a guy he played all year.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You know, it's going to be hard to be realistic with the ins and outs for next year. We are just having too many LT injuries to consider before making the decisions.

My gut feel is if he wants to stay he should stay. His form has been good enough
    Matty Boyd will stay. According to Bevo today he is playing like he could go on for another 5 years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He made the hard decision last season with a guy he played all year.
    Yes and we currently have about a dozen players out of contract so we are only presuming he wants all to stay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes and we currently have about a dozen players out of contract so we are only presuming he wants all to stay
    Yep. If he was desperate for them to stay I think they'd be signed up already. Seems he may have a few tricks up his sleeve.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Matty Boyd will stay. According to Bevo today he is playing like he could go on for another 5 years
    Boyd has some great form so it's more or less up to the player to tell us he wants another season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"