Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 36 of 104 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He made the hard decision last season with a guy he played all year.
    I don't think that was a hard call despite the games he played. 2nd year in and some things have happened to 'galvanise' the coach with players.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think that was a hard call despite the games he played. 2nd year in and some things have happened to 'galvanise' the coach with players.
    I guess he's going to want to hang onto the guys who he thinks are useful to him, I don't have to much of a problem with that.
    The curse is dead.

3. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For mine it goes like:

Out

Minson
    Honeychurch

Rookie outs

Adcock
    Goetz

Prudden & Hamilton on the rookie list, this gives us 4 main list spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    For mine it goes like:

Out

Minson
    Honeychurch

Rookie outs

Adcock
    Goetz

Prudden & Hamilton on the rookie list, this gives us 4 main list spots.
    Hamilton got a contract yesterday.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we might struggle to cover the bare min changes, unless we trade some players of value.

With Hamilton signing is it now more likely that Jong is leaving? perhaps HC and the rat on the market as well?

Post Thanks / Like

My new list is:

* Minson
    * Stevens (Trade)
    * Prudden - Rookie list

I doubt we will make any more changes unless we trade out HC and Hrovat or even Jong for a Hurley or other player.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Considering we need to have 3 draftees and are planning on recruiting Hurley we will need to cut at least 4 from the list.

On top of this we have shown interest in an experienced ruckman in Vardy/Nicholls, and have also raised the possibility of targeting a readymade key forward to help ease the burden here especially in Redpaths absence. This means I think all the uncontracted players are good chances to be moved on.

Minson and Prudden are surely certainties (although I would have written Hamilton here yesterday so who knows).

Honeychurch seems excess to requirements despite excellent VFL form so I can't see him staying.

Should we recruit Hurley we surely get rid of at least one of the 6 key defenders on the list, despite them all having shown something at AFL level. I would imagine Morris, Adams, Collins and Cordy are the definitely safe ones, with Hamling and Roberts both to be offered around to the highest bidder.

I can't see us keeping both Stevens and Jong when you consider both could be surplus with a fully fit squad. Jong has apparently been offered a 2 year contract but seeing as he is yet to accept it is probably not a very good one, so either we aren't very keen to keep him or he is getting a better offer elsewhere (GC probably) so I would imagine he is likely gone.

Stevens not signing either doesn't bode well for his retention especially amid faint rumours that other clubs have put offers to him.

Matt Boyd is surely staying on, he has been excellent this year and I don' see how they can sign Murphy up for another year after doing his knee and then turn around and tell Matt Boyd they don't have faith in him being good enough after a probable top 5 B&F finish with no signs he is slowing.

Hrovat probably stays, his scope for improvement far outweighs what his market value is considering his injuries.

Campbell is someone who may hold some value for another club and may be expendable for us if we snag one or two ready to go rucks. Although losing 2 of the 3 ruckmen we have in our weak ruck department wouldn't be ideal.

For the rookies I think they all stay on another year. Smith and Lynch are both very promising but until they become viable best 25 players they shouldn't be upgraded. I'm not a huge fan of Adcock but he seems popular with the playing group and the coaches and fits the criteria of versatile stop gap pretty well.

It'll be an interesting off season though and I wouldn't be completely surprised to see someone of higher profile like Hunter in talks.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

9. Likes N/A, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post soup. With Hurley & a free agent possibly, then we need to make 5 I agree. I'm not to phased that 2 or the 3 picks are around 60-70. Simply if we rate Roarke & Lynch, we can use their upgrades if we don't like the talent enough for main list spots and then go about rebuilding the rookie list almost all together. Also, I'm not sure where Romero fits in our plans but if he's relatively low then we can use a low pick or rookie list him.

Honeychurch, Stevens, Hamling &/or Jong should net us some decent trade value. Brisbane & GCS for instance need players, not just picks of which they'll have a heap of. Some straight player swaps directly or in three-way trades would be ideal. GCS for instance might not even use their picks in the late 30's and 40's with their war chest of draft picks, so as I've said in other threads, GCS are the guys to be trading with this year to make things happen. You can mount a case for all 4 going to GCS particularly if they lose Prestia &/or Jaeger as it seems they will and have a skinny lack of contested ball winning midfield.

A very good trading season this year may just be the final piece of the puzzle.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Honeychurch is contracted for the 2017 season so if he doesn't want to leave he aint going anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Honeychurch is contracted for the 2017 season so if he doesn't want to leave he aint going anywhere.
    Surely if any other club is interested though he'd have to seriously consider it.

Apart from intensity he doesn't offer anything that Webb, Hrovat, Daniel and Dale offer who are all in similar spots, and another year being selected despite good form in the reserves could really hurt his career.

He would be getting a regular game at many clubs and would be very much a Richmond type of recruit (who there were rumours of interest from earlier this season).

I like him but we don't need him and surely he realises that. If there is an opportunity elsewhere he should take it.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Surely if any other club is interested though he'd have to seriously consider it.

Apart from intensity he doesn't offer anything that Webb, Hrovat, Daniel and Dale offer who are all in similar spots, and another year being selected despite good form in the reserves could really hurt his career.

He would be getting a regular game at many clubs and would be very much a Richmond type of recruit (who there were rumours of interest from earlier this season).

I like him but we don't need him and surely he realises that. If there is an opportunity elsewhere he should take it.
    Agree with what you say Soup but Honey's decision is up to himself unlike an unlisted player where the Club is in more control on what happens to that player .

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI for list management discussions, I believe the following players are out of contract at the end of this season:

Primary List
    Matthew Boyd
    Josh Prudden
    Joel Hamling
    Lin Jong
    Clay Smith
    Will Minson
    Koby Stevens
    Nathan Hrovat
    Tom Campbell

Rookies
    Jed Adcock
    Brad Lynch
    Roarke Smith

16. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interstate rookies have (I believe) a 2 year contract from drafting, so that would leave Brad Lynch contracted.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing Monty has the Brisbane job, maybe even GCS. I wonder if his opinions on guys like Stevens, Jong, Honey etc mean a good trading relationship this year? I hope so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Just FYI for list management discussions, I believe the following players are out of contract at the end of this season:

Primary List
    Matthew Boyd
    Josh Prudden
    Joel Hamling
    Lin Jong
    Clay Smith
    Will Minson
    Koby Stevens
    Nathan Hrovat
    Tom Campbell

Rookies
    Jed Adcock
    Brad Lynch
    Roarke Smith
    Hrovat & Campbell are my only real priorities at this stage. Lynch & Roarke will be around, but decision around the draft strategy time I'd say.