Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 41 of 104 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    I hope we offer Boyd another contract, he's all Australian FFS
    He is in the squad, not the team yet.
    I think it is more than likely he will be not offered a contract.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be surprised if Boyd isn't offered a new contract
    We need a bit more silk and less grunt .
    Only Essendon could think they can get two uncontractred players in the PSD.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely Matty Boyd gets another contract. The fact he doesn't have a contract in front of him at the moment is a worry though.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    He is in the squad, not the team yet.
    I think it is more than likely he will be not offered a contract.
    Oh ...

If that's the case and we as fans didn't get to say goodbye, I'll be very disappointed. At least North let Harvey et al, and the fans, know before the last home game.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Boyd will get another contract but we will be very busy this trade period so i think we are waiting to see what comes of that first before Boyd gets his well deserved extension.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's not ideal, but..... Say.... We get busy and we need Matty's spot. We offer him a rookie spot and he tells all clubs he will only play with us. We pick him up, he takes Wallis' spot on the senior list as an upgraded rookie for the entire season. We in a sense, move Wallis time injured to the rookie list owing that Boyd is obviously better than a rookie.

I know it's not ideal, I know GVGjr has said previously it affects his legacy, but if this scenario played out and we still have another full season of Matty Boyd as well as trades in we want, is this not a solution where we have our cake and eat it too? (If JMac really needs another spot on the list to do his magic. Also we can leave him on as a rookie for a second year if his form warrants it and he's light years ahead of Goodes & Adcock. 300 games is achievable.)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I know it's not ideal, but..... Say.... We get busy and we need Matty's spot. We offer him a rookie spot and he tells all clubs he will only play with us. We pick him up, he takes Wallis' spot on the senior list as an upgraded rookie for the entire season. We in a sense, move Wallis time injured to the rookie list owing that Boyd is obviously better than a rookie.

I know it's not ideal, I know GVGjr has said previously it affects his legacy, but if this scenario played out and we still have another full season of Matty Boyd as well as trades in we want, is this not a solution where we have our cake and eat it too? (If JMac really needs another spot on the list to do his magic. Also we can leave him on as a rookie for a second year if his form warrants it and he's light years ahead of Goodes & Adcock. 300 games is achievable.)
    I think this is a great idea, rather than affect his legacy, this is just using the system to his our advantage consideting our long term injuries.

Post Thanks / Like

Does that mean he gets the standard rookie contract and payment? If so, that'd be unacceptably disrespectful for mine.

9. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Does that mean he gets the standard rookie contract and payment? If so, that'd be unacceptably disrespectful for mine.
    Initially, upon his immediate elevation he gets an immediate pay rise. Beyond that I'm assuming we can pay him what we want within the cap.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Initially, upon his immediate elevation he gets an immediate pay rise. Beyond that I'm assuming we can pay him what we want within the cap.
    If it keeps him on the list and in our best 22 while freeing up spot 6 I'm all for it and I'd wager he would be too.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I was a little concerned about Boyd after the first month of football but he has been bloody outstanding since then. Love the way he has carried himself over the last few years, he speaks really well these days and you can just feel his love for the club. I'll be pissed if Hamilton is on the list next year and Boyd isn't.

On the super footy podcast this week they mentioned that the dogs are into a HBF from Richmond. Ellis? Deledio? Surely not Grigg. Any ideas? They also said there was another they are looking at closely but didn't name the club. I'm guessing this is the reason Boyd hasn't been signed yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree on Hamling.

Not sure what went wrong for three quarters of the season, but he's come good again late and at an important time. I think he's a very capable player who clearly has all the tools to be a very solid second tall defender.

I've watched him closely since he's been back and he's rarely been beaten, even when assigned to bigger opponents (which Roberts has struggled with).

I'd be filthy if we lost him to another club and I think losing Campbell would be ridiculous, too.

14. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    On the super footy podcast this week they mentioned that the dogs are into a HBF from Richmond. Ellis? Deledio? Surely not Grigg. Any ideas? They also said there was another they are looking at closely but didn't name the club. I'm guessing this is the reason Boyd hasn't been signed yet.
    My respect for Boyd has doubled since his move to half back. He's been sensational.

There appears to be some talk we're interested in Ellis, but perhaps that's misguided and it's actually Deledio? I'd be happy with either. We know Deledio's quality and versatility, he'd be a very astute pick up if his body checks out OK. I'm a fan of Ellis too, I know he gets quite a bit of stick from Richmond supporters and the wider AFL community but he's still young (23 years old) and has plenty to work with. He's quick, versatile and he has a penetrating kick. I'd like him to develop a harder edge to his game and find more consistency, but I see him as a player who could benefit from coming to a club such as ours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I was a little concerned about Boyd after the first month of football but he has been bloody outstanding since then. Love the way he has carried himself over the last few years, he speaks really well these days and you can just feel his love for the club. I'll be pissed if Hamilton is on the list next year and Boyd isn't.

I don't like Ellis at all he's ok at lots of things and not very good at anything in particular, he's the 22-25 player in our list and we're already open to trade out this bracket. I think Richmond would keep him given his age and hope for improvement.

It may be Deledio and I think the Tiges would be prepared to part ways given he is 29 and won't be playing in finals with them. He would be good for us, very good if fit.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    My respect for Boyd has doubled since his move to half back. He's been sensational.

There appears to be some talk we're interested in Ellis, but perhaps that's misguided and it's actually Deledio? I'd be happy with either. We know Deledio's quality and versatility, he'd be a very astute pick up if his body checks out OK. I'm a fan of Ellis too, I know he gets quite a bit of stick from Richmond supporters and the wider AFL community but he's still young (23 years old) and has plenty to work with. He's quick, versatile and he has a penetrating kick. I'd like him to develop a harder edge to his game and find more consistency, but I see him as a player who could benefit from coming to a club such as ours.
    If Deledio was fit he would be perfect for us agree. The question is would you be prepared to part with a first rounder? Ellis I was keen on at under 18's level and your analysis is spot on with him. I just wished the Club would utilise JJ's traits more. The kid is a jet and exactly the type of player we need more of at the club.