Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    Hrovat needs to look closely at what happens to players that Carlton get that the dogs let go (Jones, Tutt, J. Foster). I'd like to re-sign him, but if a team like GCS made us a juicy offer and offered him a good deal, it'd be tempting.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hrovat needs to look closely at what happens to players that Carlton get that the dogs let go (Jones, Tutt, J. Foster). I'd like to re-sign him, but if a team like GCS made us a juicy offer and offered him a good deal, it'd be tempting.
    Can we also count Andrejs Everitt into that list?

It's a test of Hrovat character isn't it? He needs to challenge himself next year to break into the team and stay in for a longer period. If he takes the easy way out, then I would think he'll look for opportunity somewhere else. I also hope for him to stay put.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    It's a good point. I'd prefer we looked at trading out Bontempelli or Wood than Boyd ....
    It would devastate me to lose any of these 3 wonderful players. I also now think T Boyd feels like he is at home and really one of the boys. You can see his smile become broader, and his sense of belonging grow both on ground with his astounding improvement and when he sang song with the rest of team throughout finals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    It would devastate me to lose any of these 3 wonderful players. I also now think T Boyd feels like he is at home and really one of the boys. You can see his smile become broader, and his sense of belonging grow both on ground with his astounding improvement and when he sang song with the rest of team throughout finals.
    Yeah I agree Josie. I was just messing about.

Post Thanks / Like

So need to fill in a few blanks:

PL: (1) Minson (2) ?Stevens? (3) ?Prudden? (4) ?Jong or Hrovat? (5) ?????
    RL: (1) Adcock (2) Goetz

In: Cloke
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Koby's manager has said there has been a lot of outside interest in Koby.

Post Thanks / Like

Talk on AFL trade radio of picking up Isaac Heeney. Any interest in poaching him? We must have some Hurley money unaccounted for. Though Wallace suggesting $900,000 to get him over may make Melbourne and St.Kilda more suitable destinations.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love Heeney but not at $900k. I doubt Swans would let him go
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard a thing on Prudden. I think he'll stay on the list.

Boyd may retire. Hamling still hasn't officially signed yet.

Roarke upgrade?

3 picks will be enough IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I haven't heard a thing on Prudden. I think he'll stay on the list.

Boyd may retire. Hamling still hasn't officially signed yet.

Roarke upgrade?

3 picks will be enough IMO
    It needs to be deeper. I'd think 5 or 6 would be better.

We have a very good list but complacency won't serve us well in the short or long term.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

We have a very good list but complacency won't serve us well in the short or long term.
    Then we could be robbing Peter to pay Paul. Take 5 - 6 away we weaken our depth if we bring in first year players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Agree with you G, I think 5 is about right. We don't seem to linked with anyone other than Cloke and JMac says we only have interest in two players. So we are looking at 4 picks or 3 if we land a second player.

As someone else noted, if Jong holds value to GCS would we enquire with Prestia or Jaeger, or perhaps look at a three way trade with Richmond or Hawthorn. Do either team have someone gettable we want? Deledio? Tim O'Brien? Duryea? Etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that Deledio might be an in. I don't know why but even before there was any suggestion he was leaving Richmond I just had an unshakeable feeling that Lids will be in our colours next year. It's been a few months now.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I have a feeling that Deledio might be an in. I don't know why but even before there was any suggestion he was leaving Richmond I just had an unshakeable feeling that Lids will be in our colours next year. It's been a few months now.
    Deledio mentioned in a radio interview mid-season the boys were hanging shit on him saying he didn't need to worry about anything because he was going the Bulldogs at the end of the year...

Funny or true?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Then we could be robbing Peter to pay Paul. Take 5 - 6 away we weaken our depth if we bring in first year players.
    But that's only 2 or 3 more than the minimum changes required. In a good draft with a great recruiting team I think we can bring in players that can improve the list.

We need to find a ruckman either as a quick fix or someone who can at least provide an option for next year. I'd still look closely at finding a key defender. We have Cloke coming in and we most likely need to find replacements for Jong, Stevens and maybe Hrovat or Honeychurch.

I think we can do five changes easily.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"