Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 88 of 104 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1560
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    If JOM went to the draft like Luke Ball did I wonder where he'd end up? Big risk to take him in the top 3 but maybe he'd slip to the Suns at pick 8?
    I dont think he can put himself in the draft he would need to be delisted which they won't do. I think they'll go to Essendon first. If he is not picked up by Hawthorn he can nominate for the preseason draft but not the national one.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

This whole JOM thing is hilarious watching. The things clubs will do for a kid who hasn't played for two years.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The AFL consistently put in concepts to help clubs and yet some of these clubs them exploit them beyond the realms of what they were designed for. COLA was a good concept except clubs used the money to acquire top end talent rather than make it a bit easier on players who were on well below the average as it was designed for. Points for academy players seemed a good idea but once again got exploited. Free agency and contracted players have been ruined by childish players who pick and choose which clubs they want to go to or wanting to break contracts. Now we have a team wrecking the trade period and creating an unbalanced competition.

But yes, good on them.
    You are spot on.

COLA should still be in play, it just should be handled by the AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne will be a lot better , Goodwin is a more attacking coach than Roos and with Roos gone he will have complete control, dont be mistaken they will be a lot different side under him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    You are spot on.

COLA should still be in play, it just should be handled by the AFL.
    But not Sydney exclusive (maybe players under 150K get their wages adjusted to local inflation/property prices)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    But not Sydney exclusive (maybe players under 150K get their wages adjusted to local inflation/property prices)
    YES! WA are equally (if not more) impacted.

Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    Lids mentioned throughout the year that teammates were hanging shit on him (not needing to care about rebuilding etc) because he was going to be a Bulldogs player next year...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Not overly fussed on Lids. Can someone convince me he's a must have?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    Interesting. Given what the AFL has done for Geelong it still puts them in the best place to get him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    His $800,000 reported salary is a concern. Geelong allowed to trade another first rounder, that'd get the job done for them you'd think.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    His $800,000 reported salary is a concern. Geelong allowed to trade another first rounder, that'd get the job done for them you'd think.
    Geelong are stretched further than most teams for salary cap space as is GWS which indicates that the Tigers are prepared to do something similar to what we did with Griffen and pay some of salary.

We probably don't need a lot of assistance in that area but that could also help us in negotiating a slightly lesser deal to satisfy Richmond.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Geelong are stretched further than most teams for salary cap space as is GWS which indicates that the Tigers are prepared to do something similar to what we did with Griffen and pay some of salary.

We probably don't need a lot of assistance in that area but that could also help us in negotiating a slightly lesser deal to satisfy Richmond.
    What do you rate him pick wise?

Post Thanks / Like

It's being reported from Emma Quayle that the cats are willing to give up a first for Tuohy.
    Is that their first pick in 2020?

16. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    No. He's good but not worth the coin he's commanding. Would rather develop Bailey Williams who has looked very promising. Other than this year Lid's has been durable but he's got 2-3 years left. Not sure I want to give away our first rounder for that. I'd offer Richmond the Hamling pick and they'd laugh at me and we can all move on.

Did I just read right? A first round selection for Tuohy?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.