Thanks Thanks:  74
Likes Likes:  429
Page 97 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1560
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving Rolling De-Listing/Trading Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Assuming we want both guys which I think is a safe assumption then I think you would want the player more likely to play more senior football. If that is correct I'd elevate Smith and offer Prudden a spot on the rookie list. Smith is just more athletically gifted to me and probably more versatile.
    Perhaps, but it might annoy Prudden getting demoted and pay cut. If Bevo wants to keep the group together and happy, it's an interesting move if Roarke would be upgraded for the season. I'm not against it all, but it's just seat shifting.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Perhaps, but it might annoy Prudden getting demoted and pay cut. If Bevo wants to keep the group together and happy, it's an interesting move if Roarke would be upgraded for the season. I'm not against it all, but it's just seat shifting.
    It's not unreasonable though. Roarke has shown enough to be senior listed whereas Prudden's injuries make his status as a member of the list borderline (rookie) at best.

Post Thanks / Like

The counter to that is if someone like the Saints are talking to Roarke Smith.

I think the question is more around who's most likely to get to 60 games of senior football or which player is the better prospect.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Dog's go Bang! with a pick swap with Gold Coast - pick 26 and 80 for 35 and 43.

I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

So in effect, we traded our original pick 40 & Hamling for 26 & 80.

That 3 pick downgrade in the Hamling trade meant nothing as expected.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming we want both guys which I think is a safe assumption then I think you would want the player more likely to play more senior football. If that is correct I'd elevate Smith and offer Prudden a spot on the rookie list. Smith is just more athletically gifted to me and probably more versatile.
    Prudden is essentially a midfielder, so I would say he is more flexible.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If Prudden is spending a fair chunk of next year on the sidelines can we simply elevate Lynch for Prudden and Smith for Wallis?

On the Hrovat trade, are we banking on North having a massive drop next year? Could turn out to be a work of genius.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    It's not unreasonable though. Roarke has shown enough to be senior listed whereas Prudden's injuries make his status as a member of the list borderline (rookie) at best.
    Prudden's AFL games have been better than Smith's - and both players have done a knee - so I don't really understand the above.

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The counter to that is if someone like the Saints are talking to Roarke Smith.

I think the question is more around who's most likely to get to 60 games of senior football or which player is the better prospect.
    I'm not against it, I would actually delist him and not rookie him. I'm just playing guess work. If we rookie him I want a one year offer only, as our history of rookie listing delistees isn't great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    If Prudden is spending a fair chunk of next year on the sidelines can we simply elevate Lynch for Prudden and Smith for Wallis?

On the Hrovat trade, are we banking on North having a massive drop next year? Could turn out to be a work of genius.
    Prudden and Murphy did their knees at pretty much the same time, and started running at the same time. You would think both would be on track to be playing footy at the beginning of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct, we can upgrade them for Wally, Prudden &/or Redders.

Post Thanks / Like

love the pick upgrade to 26. that gives us 2 shots at picking up a couple of young guns and in a very strong draft.

hate the Hrovat deal
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    love the pick upgrade to 26. that gives us 2 shots at picking up a couple of young guns and in a very strong draft.

hate the Hrovat deal
    The Hrovat deal is what it is. No need to sweat the small stuff.

15. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps if we were talking about a round 2 swap of picks but 3rd and 4th round swaps is just a bit of tinkering.
    I guess it's not a bad deal but I think it's well under for a player like Hrovat who I would have been more than happy to try and keep.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'd throw the Swans a late pick for Richards.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.