Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kieran Collins set to be handed AFL opportunity by Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    I haven't seen a second of yeterday's match, but a quick read it looks like he's better already than Talia ever was at his prime...
    Posters are probably giving Collins a bit of honeymoon period allowance, BUT when did the word prime apply to Talia (M)
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kieran Collins set to be handed AFL opportunity by Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    I haven't seen a second of yeterday's match, but a quick read it looks like he's better already than Talia ever was at his prime...
    More teachable and his positioning (while a work in progress) seems to be on par already, probably overtake him by round 1.

There's just "something" about him, sometimes players just have it and you can't really put your finger on it.
    Bonti is a slowish tall gangly looking mid who seems to lope around the paddock who gets the ball less than many of our other mids, but has "something".
    Hunter was a one-way running lair two years ago, but he had "something".
    Wood was in no mans land in 2013, but had "something".

Sometimes players will just make it because.... just because.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

3. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To think that "Dad" only turned 18 in December too. Impressed with him last night.

Post Thanks / Like

I like what I have read about Collins having a bit of voice and presence out on the ground. It's good that he feels comfortable enough at the club to tell other players what they should be doing. Even though he's only 18 and new to the club he seems to have fit right in.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Posters are probably giving Collins a bit of honeymoon period allowance, BUT when did the word prime apply to Talia (M)
    He's going to need two seasons before he might establish himself as a senior footballer.
    Thrilled to have him but we need to be patient with our expectations.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Although he got caught with the ball coming over , it wa a decent debut .

Post Thanks / Like

Great thing about the game is he gets to see where he has to get to and he isn't far off. I think he is well ahead of anyone as a key back at his age.
    Great get.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's going to need two seasons before he might establish himself as a senior footballer.
    Thrilled to have him but we need to be patient with our expectations.
    Yep, I think the glowing reports of him from the other night are a little sugarcoated but I am looking forward to his development in the VFL this season. Whilst he is physically ahead of players his age, it'll still take a couple of years before we can expect him to realistically compete at AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

He seems quite antagonistic too which is a trait of many good back men.