Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Free Afl Live pass for telstra post paid phone subscribers

https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies...orts-offer-eoi

Enjoy

oh and as a little extra for those who would prefer to watch it on their TV not their phone

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/go...mmary-3533870/
    Last edited by Drunken Bum; 02-03-2016 at 12:00 AM.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

2. Thanks N/A, Guido, ratsmac thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog, The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Free Afl Live pass for telstra post paid phone subscribers

Am I right in saying that if you have Foxtel go this is not required?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    From memory Foxtel Go doesn't have every match on the phone.

5. Thanks Maddog37 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    oh and as a little extra for those who would prefer to watch it on their TV not their phone

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/go...mmary-3533870/
    Have you tried this?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    You can't connect your phone to TV with Foxtel Go. You would have to jailbreak the phone as Foxtel Go is made for a mobile device and the app prevents any mirroring or casting. Try DB's suggestion but not sure it will work. Some further information here

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Signed up. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

9. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Have you tried this?
    Edit, read the post wrong, no not yet although will be tomorrow or fri and will post results

Post Thanks / Like

I have recently got rid of foxtel because it is basically a of money (for my fam anyway) and were going halves with the old man with the AFL live pass. Now I don't have to because he is with telstra. Winning!

Oh yeah in case you didn't know, you can have I think up to 4 devices connected to the one AFL live pass and all be watching different games simultaneously. I have tested it and it works fine. Coupled with the chromecast it has made my decision off getting rid of foxtel a good one. Now a free live pass wow! This season is just getting better already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I have recently got rid of foxtel because it is basically a of money (for my fam anyway) and were going halves with the old man with the AFL live pass. Now I don't have to because he is with telstra. Winning!

Oh yeah in case you didn't know, you can have I think up to 4 devices connected to the one AFL live pass and all be watching different games simultaneously. I have tested it and it works fine. Coupled with the chromecast it has made my decision off getting rid of foxtel a good one. Now a free live pass wow! This season is just getting better already.
    Can you connect to your TV and watch Footy?

Post Thanks / Like

Can you connect to your TV and watch Footy?
    Yes. If you have a smart phone, pad or tab, you can use the chromecast dongle (jbhifi sell them for about $50) and it will cast anything displayed on the screen of your phone to the TV that has the chromecast connected to it. So when you watch a game on the AFL app it will be displayed on the TV as well via the chromecast. It works great so long as your internet connection is fast enough to stream video.

14. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Yes. If you have a smart phone, pad or tab, you can use the chromecast dongle (jbhifi sell them for about $50) and it will cast anything displayed on the screen of your phone to the TV that has the chromecast connected to it. So when you watch a game on the AFL app it will be displayed on the TV as well via the chromecast. It works great so long as your internet connection is fast enough to stream video.
    I have had a Chromecast for over a year, bought one from the USA before they were released in Australia. But does the AFL app allow casting?

Edit: Some discussion here which suggests you need another solution, perhaps DB's solution

16. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i ordered an actiontec screen beam mini2 $69 from JB, should arrive tomorrow and will update on how that goes, in theory it should mirror anything on your phone or tablet screen or on your TV regardless if there is content control although there are some conflicting reports on this, will let you know how it goes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    i ordered an actiontec screen beam mini2 $69 from JB, should arrive tomorrow and will update on how that goes, in theory it should mirror anything on your phone or tablet screen or on your TV regardless if there is content control although there are some conflicting reports on this, will let you know how it goes
    Will be very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a Chromecast for over a year, bought one from the USA before they were released in Australia. But does the AFL app allow casting?

Edit: Some discussion here which suggests you need another solution, perhaps DB's solution
    I have a Samsung galaxy s5, a nexus 7 and my wife's phone is a Samsung s4 and I have had the chromecast casting (mirroring) the screens of all of them. When you do it that way you can watch anything from the AFL app on the TV.

The AFL app has disabled the cast screen in the app for live games and replays though. This is to try force you to get foxtel I'd say. The only way to watch the games through the app is to cast the phone screen through the chromecast app which like I said before will display anything that is on the phones screen.

I hope that makes sense.

20. Likes boydogs, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally received my actiontec screenbeam mini2 and have given it a go just now, works a treat, quality when mirrored onto the TV isn't as great as i hoped but it's the quality of the stream not the device as video's recorded on my phone are hd quality on the tv when mirrored. It's still better than any other streams going around by a fair margin so i'm pretty happy with spending $70 on that compared to what would have to fork out to foxtel just to watch the AFEL.

edit: that sounds like such a promotional ad/paid for comment now that i look back at it lol, nothing to gain from it just pretty stoked it works thats all

22. Likes bornadog liked this post