Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jake Stringer can dominate Docklands like Gary Ablett did at the MCG

Its funny. As soon as I started playing those clips people came from everywhere saying "Oh, Jake Stringer! Is there anymore?"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He kicked some brilliant goals v Saints - round 20 2014. This one was a ripper

https://j.gifs.com/mZNk3G.gif

Just made this and I could watch it all day

3. Likes chef, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    https://j.gifs.com/mZNk3G.gif

Just made this and I could watch it all day
    And it's like there is a little umpire waiting patiently in the corner to bounce the ball as soon as Stringer kicks a goal so they can get it to Jake quicker for us to see some more magic quicker.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see JSJ (Jake Stringer Junior) plat for us and then the debate around whether Jake Stringer Senior or Jake Stringer Junior is the best player of all time.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BAD, in the first one he beats 5. One trails behind as he picks up the ball, he bursts through a double tackle attempt, then runs around another tackle attempt, then manoeuvres to avoid the last tackle attempt as he shoots...GOAL!

The second, he beats 2, there are another two in the vicinity who could not move to get near him even though they are only a metre or two away. He beats 4. GOAL!

Like I said. He frequently beats basically the entire backline single handedly. the snap over his shoulder goal in the second against Freo is another example. Beats at least 4.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Love going to the footy the last few years just to see Jake put on a show. I remember the Griffen v Franklin debate early on in their careers and just thinking how lucky Hawthorn supporters were to see buddy week in and week out and just watch a champion unfold right in front of their eyes.
    Now its our turn woofers! We are very very lucky and privileged to see Jake develop into one of the greats of the game and we get a show every week. If thats not awesome enough we have another potential great of the game develop right before our eyes in the Bont. There is no better time to be a bulldog then now.