Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  44
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I've learned-V North round 6

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Just on Wood, I think we are now losing a bit with his run and carry as he is forced to play tall. At times we saw him playing on guys like Petrie, but when is the last we saw him dashing down the wing bouncing the ball and kicking into the fwd 50? With JJ and Murphy out, we need him to do this and someone like Hamling to do the leaping.
    Agree and same can be said for Biggs

Post Thanks / Like

What I learnt is that:
    a) with our half backs fit we can more effectively set the game up - that is to state the obviously
    b) Hunter back was a nice move, but we need Daniel, and perhaps Webb or Hrovat when fit to fill a wing/midfield role and provide more drive forward of centre to replace Hunters loss
    c) Dickson will be better for another run, and we will be better as a result
    d) Redpath would have been more use than Roberts on Friday, with Roughy able to swing back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    3. If Jaryd Waite had of played for us we would have won.
    Ill take the loss,thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Double post

Post Thanks / Like

1/ Taking out your good ball users really shows up your bad ones... Sadly for us it is almost everyone.

2/ We continue to make things difficult by not converting our chances.

3/ We show up to play every week.. That's a good thing.

6. Likes boydogs, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How much longer will we continue to show up if we keep getting that return on our efforts though?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The current team sometimes doesn't get the win, but its never through lack of effort or willingness.
    2. The coaching staff have gone a bit too far with the mids-going-forward & forwards-in-the-midfield, we don't have the balance right. Far too much time with Bontempelli, Wallis & Libba forward over the last few weeks, and Stringer on ball too much also.
    3. I'm still not comfortable with Roughead and Campbell playing in the same side. Neither is a good enough player for us to have 2 of them in the team.

Post Thanks / Like

How much longer will we continue to show up if we keep getting that return on our efforts though?
    That's a strange comment if you consider that we've won more games that we've lost in the last 15 months.

10. Likes azabob, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    That's a strange comment if you consider that we've won more games that we've lost in the last 15 months.
    I think TD is talking about Friday night and if it happens against Adelaide for example. I think also he is alluding to our morale in a general sense. Losing Murph must have been a massive hit and then losing JJ and Suckers off the half back line means everyone has to work overtime to launch any kind of attack from defence.

I don't think that level of work rate is sustainable over many weeks. We need JJ and Suckers back big time.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't quote posts at the moment so In reply to Ozza, I guess it is a strange thing to say, we have had a brilliant ride over the last season and a quarter, but it's what 1eye says. I worry about how hard we labour to get the ball forward only to see easy shots missed. I saw some frustration and petulance between Footscray players on Saturday and it got me wondering.

13. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't quote posts at the moment so In reply to Ozza, I guess it is a strange thing to say, we have had a brilliant ride over the last season and a quarter, but it's what 1eye says. I worry about how hard we labour to get the ball forward only to see easy shots missed. I saw some frustration and petulance between Footscray players on Saturday and it got me wondering.
    VFL or Bulldogs listed players?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I learnt that we are following in the footsteps of our 2015 season.

The Bulldogs won in rounds one, two, four and five and lost in rounds three and six, which is exactly the same pattern of wins v losses we achieved last year. We lost in round seven and nine last year and won in round eight. This week we play Adelaide (likely loss), meaning the pattern could very well continue. Interestingly our round eight and nine opponents are exactly the same two opponents we played in rounds eight and nine last year.

16. Likes 1eyedog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 Footscray and one bulldog player comrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to some other smart posters I have learned

1) we rely more on turnovers and stoppage goals in our forward half than on quick ball movement off half back.

2) north prevented us from doing that by not rushing the ball out of their defence - they didnt score as heavily, but neither did we.

3) north prevented us from doing that also by not over committing to the contested ball that scott so loudly underlined in the media before the game - they prioritized covering our receivers (they had 97 tackles...) over winning the ball, and thus preyed on our pressured errant disposal rather than the other way around.

19. Likes Sedat, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    mitch0418 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    1. Tom Boyd plays, we probably win.

2. We need to get some games into "Dad".

3. Any club that needs to tell their supporters when to cheer is a fraud. Certain US teams do they same thing and it is an embarrassment.

What do you mean by this? I unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) wasn't able to attend the game on Friday night. Are you referring to North supporters or the Dogs?