Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  120
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade talk - Anyone we want that may be available?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    If Boomer wanted to go on we could do worse. On current form he'd be crazy not to continue.

He'd fit our forward line ok.
    If I was him, I wouldn't even think of playing on. Bow out as a North Legend, and be proud of a great career at one club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Harvey, Petrie, Dal Santo and Firrito all to let go by the Kangas - would we consider any of them on a cheap 1 year deal if they decide to play on?

I'd like Firrito just for the meltdown that would happen on this site!
    It'd be time to have an Internet holiday for a bit I reckon. Wouldn't want to sort that fight out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Love Norfs reasoning of making the announcements now... Saying it's likely to be our last match in Melbourne for the year.

When in reality if they beat GWS it's more than likely we play them at the G first week.

Are they also conceding they won't go past the first week regardless? Not the best message to send.
    Publicly conceding this weekend's game and the season. Just so their fans can give some old geezers a wave as they waddle past chasing the opposition player, maybe not on NDS's part he doesn't chase, unbelievable.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Please don't make me have to like Brent Harvey...
    I'd need a bit of this to get liking Harvey across the line:

Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes N/A, Murphy'sLore, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'd need a bit of this to get liking Harvey across the line:
    FYI you can use Frinkiac to make Simpsons Memes easily

6. Likes Murphy'sLore, jeemak, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why? We've got close to a premiership list now and will be even better placed to win it next year following another finals series and preseason. Dale over Harvey, Crammers over Cloke and Williams over Dal Santo for mine.

Did I miss the take the piss emoticon?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

8. Likes Mofra, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With Hurley out of the picture, I'd consider some KPF depth - but apart from that I want us to hit the draft.
    We're in the position where if we sign Campbell up we really only need to add depth.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

If Adams comes back strong next year I would like to trial Roberts as a forward. Having Hamling hit form and Zaine looking good gives me some confidence in the big man department down back.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If I was him, I wouldn't even think of playing on. Bow out as a North Legend, and be proud of a great career at one club.
    That's what I was hoping Dougy would do at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    That's what I was hoping Dougy would do at the time.
    I could understand if he'd gone to s club with a chance. Doug might have found something surrounded by good footballers. But to eke out his days at a club that was a shambles was sad to watch.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    If Adams comes back strong next year I would like to trial Roberts as a forward. Having Hamling hit form and Zaine looking good gives me some confidence in the big man department down back.
    What makes you think Roberts could be productive as a forward?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    What makes you think Roberts could be productive as a forward?
    He was initially drafted as one as you know and its more that I don't think he will make it as a backman. Time will tell I suppose but he'll have Adams, Hamling, Collins and possibly Cordy in front of him in 2-3 years.

He has good hands so I think its worth a shot if he cannot get a game down back. He has taken some nice marks around the ground in the past but isn't quick or strong so its a long shot. Still, we seem obsessed with mindless F50 entries so someone who can clunk them is also valuable in this scenario. He's actually a nice long kick as well.

I would also be inclined to trial him forward rather than get a Cloke for one year. If it comes to a point where his future is under a cloud I think the forward option has some merit.

What are your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure that we are set to be linked with Dawes once again...

Clubs keen on out-of-contract Demon

CHRIS Dawes' heart is set on playing on with Melbourne next season, but a few opposition clubs have signalled their interest in the uncontracted key forward in the event he departs the Demons.

The lucrative four-year deal Dawes signed when he crossed from Collingwood in the 2012 trade period is set to expire at the end of this year.

Although Melbourne's season finishes with Saturday's clash against Geelong at Simonds Stadium, Dawes' future at the club is unlikely to become clear for several weeks as the Demons grapple with the make-up of their 2017 list ahead of October's free agency and trade periods.

However, the 28-year-old is confident he has overcome the injury problems that dogged his first three seasons at Melbourne – when he selflessly played not fully fit at times because of the Demons' lack of forward-line options – and has at least two to three years of good football left in him.

Dawes is also prepared to take a sizeable pay cut, with any new deal likely to be worth about half of his existing salary and highly performance-based.

If Dawes and Melbourne cannot agree to terms, the spearhead is understood to be on the radar of a few opposition clubs, who could wait to pick him up as a delisted free agent.

Post Thanks / Like

I read that yesterday. I would think he's done and the article reads like a job applicant trying to land one more pay day after the Dees discard him.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be all over Aaron Black if his body was fine. Has kicked goals at AFL level and would bolster a segment of our lost which has non existing depth.

Should come cheap too, you'd imagine.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'd be all over Aaron Black if his body was fine. Has kicked goals at AFL level and would bolster a segment of our lost which has non existing depth.

Should come cheap too, you'd imagine.
    I've mentioned him too, in the cheap (he's a free agent). But would depend if we can find a second tall forward/ruck. I wonder with Petrie gone whether they can sell him a future in their forward line now. I'd have him ahead of Dawes. Way ahead.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023