Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  120
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade talk - Anyone we want that may be available?

What about Liam McBean? I always thought there was something to work with there at VFL level, has completely fallen off the radar

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood haven given up 8 & 26 (currently) this draft won't have a pick until about 25 (from Freeman trade) and 45. I wonder if they will try to trade up the order to actually rebuild with some high end talent. Have they got anyone we would be interested in and who they'd actually give up? My thoughts are no, but I don't follow them closely.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Billie Smedts?
    Broke his leg in the VFL on the weekend. That will set him back a bit.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Collingwood haven given up 8 & 26 (currently) this draft won't have a pick until about 25 (from Freeman trade) and 45. I wonder if they will try to trade up the order to actually rebuild with some high end talent. Have they got anyone we would be interested in and who they'd actually give up? My thoughts are no, but I don't follow them closely.
    Ben Reid is the only one I can think of that I'd like that they may be open to trade. He's a walking injury though so would come with significant risk.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta get into this blokes ear.

Tom McDonald in no rush to ink new Demons deal
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Dry Rot, Twodogs, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We need outside runners and ball users more than we need KPP at the moment IMO. I think with the system we play we could get a bargain in as well. We win the ball back so often that someone who can run and kick actually gets a bit of a free hit with us. We need another line breaker who can use the ball well and I don't reckon we need to give up much to get one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Agreed, but would he leave his little brother alone in that pit of despair?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Why? I think he's been poor for a while now. Had an ordinary finish in 2015 and is continuing that form now. Fools gold that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Why? I think he's been poor for a while now. Had an ordinary finish in 2015 and is continuing that form now. Fools gold that one.
    How could you not with the there being no upside at the Dee's, he would have a totally different attitude with us and one well and truly worth pursuing.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    How could you not with the there being no upside at the Dee's, he would have a totally different attitude with us and one well and truly worth pursuing.
    Look i don't mind him. Price tag would be high and just don't think he'd be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Massive upgrade on Roberts and would shore up our key back issues moving forward. Just on that line breaker discussed above Crameri back next year releases Stringer to more midfield time and we look better with JJ in the team.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane have hit rock bottom yet again, 80+ point loss at home to a team with one win. Like the times before, that means former top picks walk out for a reasonably cheap price (Yeo, Polec & Doherty last time went cheap). I can't imagine we (and every other club) wouldn't be in the ears of their talented kids. With Rich signing up and Martin & Sauce no longer needed, is there anyone that fits our needs for outside pace with good foot skills? If we want a KPP, from what I've seen of McStay they're moving him around the place and giving him no continuity so I'm confused if he's really that good and being mismanaged.

I wonder about a McStay (194cm KPP) & Mayes (midfielder 80+% efficiency) package deal? (The last I heard/read neither are contracted for next year)

As an aside, I'd end the QLD experiment.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 11-06-2016 at 09:46 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

An article on afl.com.au from two weeks ago says that Dion Prestia is sitting down with his manager Marty Pask at the bye (next week) to discuss his future. If he leaves it will only be a Victorian club and he wants short term success. Time to call Marty?

Also said Hawthorn & Saints will make big offers to Jeager and that the dogs are into Nicholls. With Camhead doing its thing, I'm not sure we need to part with something decent which would be required for Nicholls.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    An article on afl.com.au from two weeks ago says that Dion Prestia is sitting down with his manager Marty Pask at the bye (next week) to discuss his future. If he leaves it will only be a Victorian club and he wants short term success. Time to call Marty?

Also said Hawthorn & Saints will make big offers to Jeager and that the dogs are into Nicholls. With Camhead doing its thing, I'm not sure we need to part with something decent which would be required for Nicholls.
    I'd love to see Prestia in the tricoleur.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'd love to see Prestia in the tricoleur.
    Bloody oath, I'd even take Harbrow in a package deal just to be greedy.