Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  120
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade talk - Anyone we want that may be available?

I'd be happy going into 2017 with one key forward (Boyd) and two tall flankers in Crameri and Stringer. Nightmare matchups.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I'd be happy going into 2017 with one key forward (Boyd) and two tall flankers in Crameri and Stringer. Nightmare matchups.
    ... and no depth?

That worries me. It's not like we tend to get a blessed run with injury. Boyd lost a huge chunk of this year with injury for a start.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    ... and no depth?

That worries me. It's not like we tend to get a blessed run with injury. Boyd lost a huge chunk of this year with injury for a start.
    That's the big fly in the ointment. I'm gravitating to a free agent forward or ruck/forward for a not too big contract. Vickery, Aaron Black and this sort may be something JMac needs to consider. More so than Cloke.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's the big fly in the ointment. I'm gravitating to a free agent forward or ruck/forward for a not too big contract. Vickery, Aaron Black and this sort may be something JMac needs to consider. More so than Cloke.
    Vickery yes, Black no

Agree we need a second ruck/forward type and Keep Boyd at home.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    ... and no depth?

Not arguing about depth....more about my preferred forward set up. I don't think we need two key forwards if both Crameri and Stringer are playing. Different story if only one is playing, like this year. If you want to bring in someone for depth while Redpath is injured, no problem.....but I don't see them in our first choice forward structure.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    According to Barrett, Rory Lobb is thinking about going back to WA. I would love Rory Lobb for a ruck role.

story here
    Every other team in the league would love Rory Lobb in their team.

Post Thanks / Like

With Hurley now not available who should we target? Key forward or key back? Not sure who is of contract or wanting out of where they are.
    I hear Mckenzie wants out from W/C and was B&F before he did his knee. By the way I am not saying I want him but just putting it out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Freo exodus. Johnson and Barlow would be my thoughts. Maybe McKenzie - who might be okay 12 months on from returning from major surgery...

..... Back to the 80's - raiding WA!

Post Thanks / Like

How olds Barlow ? He was from Werribee wasn't he?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Freo exodus. Johnson and Barlow would be my thoughts. Maybe McKenzie - who might be okay 12 months on from returning from major surgery...

..... Back to the 80's - raiding WA!
    I love Johnson but my feel is his best is behind him and we'd be lucky to get 2 seasons out of him. If he doesn't make a dent on the cap and costs us very little or nothing to get him here then maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I love Johnson but my feel is his best is behind him and we'd be lucky to get 2 seasons out of him. If he doesn't make a dent on the cap and costs us very little or nothing to get him here then maybe.
    Injuries have cruelled the latter part of his career. Couldn't imagine an Etihad surface every other week would serve him well.

Post Thanks / Like

Mckenzie is 28, and Johnson is 31 . Both coming back from big injuries, I'd take Mckenzie of the two

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Injuries have cruelled the latter part of his career. Couldn't imagine an Etihad surface every other week would serve him well.
    No it certainly wouldn't do him any favors. I've loved watching the guy so I do hope he gets healthy and finishes of his career on his terms. I don't think he'd be a good fit for us anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

With Mckenzie they do say that it takes 12 months after they come back from the injury to get their confidence back. I cannot remember if he was the most attaching player or was he just a plodder? Can people remember?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaknowmore View Post
    With Mckenzie they do say that it takes 12 months after they come back from the injury to get their confidence back. I cannot remember if he was the most attaching player or was he just a plodder? Can people remember?
    He was an attacking player from what I can remember. Won Wet Coke's B & F.