Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  120
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade talk - Anyone we want that may be available?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I've mentioned him too, in the cheap (he's a free agent). But would depend if we can find a second tall forward/ruck. I wonder with Petrie gone whether they can sell him a future in their forward line now. I'd have him ahead of Dawes. Way ahead.
    You've still got Daw there to fit in, plus Ben Brown and Waite. His manager has spoken publicly about Black looking at other opportunities, so gut feel is he's done with North Melbourne. With Red out for a year, I'd definitely take a punt. Shouldn't cost more than a third rounder, or some down grading of picks.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I've mentioned him too, in the cheap (he's a free agent). But would depend if we can find a second tall forward/ruck. I wonder with Petrie gone whether they can sell him a future in their forward line now. I'd have him ahead of Dawes. Way ahead.
    Black isn't a free agent, contracted until the end of 2017 but should come cheap if we are willing to pick up his contract.
    My concern is that he's not really key position size at 192cm, we already have Stringer and Crameri, Black seems like more of the same. Or does he play taller than his height?

Aaron Black set to leave North Melbourne to resurrect his stalled AFL career

FORGOTTEN North Melbourne forward Aaron Black will try and resurrect his stalled AFL career during the trade period.

The contracted 25-year-old has played just three games — none this year — in the past two seasons after falling behind emerging forwards Ben Brown, Mason Wood and Majak Daw.

The arrival of Jarrad Waite as a free agent last year all but stamped the 50-gamer’s exit papers.

Black’s manager Jason Dover, of Stride Sports Management, told the Herald Sun the forward was “happy to go anywhere to play footy”.

“We’re in continual conversation with North … and come the trade period we’ll explore what opportunities are out there for Aaron in a trade that might benefit both the club and Aaron,” Dover said.

“It’s not all about returning home.”

Black showed glimpses of his best in the VFL early in the year before an ankle injury derailed his campaign.

The 192cm forward will remain at North Melbourne if a suitor — willing to take the plunge and pay his salary for next year — cannot be found.

Black rejected a tempting offer from Fremantle after his breakout 33-goal 2013 season.

He kicked 26 goals in 25 games the following year before losing his spot in the team.

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm 99% certain Black is contracted for 2017.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Black isn't a free agent, contracted until the end of 2017 but should come cheap if we are willing to pick up his contract.
    My concern is that he's not really key position size at 192cm, we already have Stringer and Crameri, Black seems like more of the same. Or does he play taller than his height?

Aaron Black set to leave North Melbourne to resurrect his stalled AFL career

FORGOTTEN North Melbourne forward Aaron Black will try and resurrect his stalled AFL career during the trade period.

The contracted 25-year-old has played just three games — none this year — in the past two seasons after falling behind emerging forwards Ben Brown, Mason Wood and Majak Daw.

The arrival of Jarrad Waite as a free agent last year all but stamped the 50-gamer’s exit papers.

Black’s manager Jason Dover, of Stride Sports Management, told the Herald Sun the forward was “happy to go anywhere to play footy”.

“We’re in continual conversation with North … and come the trade period we’ll explore what opportunities are out there for Aaron in a trade that might benefit both the club and Aaron,” Dover said.

“It’s not all about returning home.”

Black showed glimpses of his best in the VFL early in the year before an ankle injury derailed his campaign.

The 192cm forward will remain at North Melbourne if a suitor — willing to take the plunge and pay his salary for next year — cannot be found.

Black rejected a tempting offer from Fremantle after his breakout 33-goal 2013 season.

He kicked 26 goals in 25 games the following year before losing his spot in the team.
    Plays a lot taller than both Crameri and Stringer, is a genuine key forward in style.

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Plays a lot taller than both Crameri and Stringer, is a genuine key forward in style.

Don't mind him at all. Definitely worth a punt.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

He's got a little Jack Darling about him actually. About the same size, so not the giant key forward type but still key forward in nature.

This is a clip from this year, so looks like injuries haven't hampered his mobility.

Post Thanks / Like

Some really straight kicks there. He does look very much like a Redpath replacement. I'd be pretty happy to give him a spot

If I remember right he was pretty highly rated by MJP before the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Cloke, Dawes, Black and now Schulz joins the available key forwards list. Was still good in 2015 but this year seems to have fallen off a cliff. Is he past it?

Schulz, Power to part ways: Forward keen to play on

VETERAN forward Jay Schulz has declared he wants to play on after being delisted by Port Adelaide on Thursday.

Schulz, who crossed to the Power in 2010 and played 122 games for the club, did not have his contract renewed and will play his last game for the club against Gold Coast on Saturday night.

The 31-year-old said he was disappointed with the club's decision but left on good terms and was thankful for the opportunity he had been given after starting his career at Richmond.

"I’ve loved my time at Port Adelaide and will always be thankful to the club, in particular 'Choco' (Mark Williams), for giving me a chance," Schulz said.

"While I’m disappointed with the club’s decision to let me go I understand and respect the reasons behind it, and wish them all the best with what I’m sure will be a bright future.

"Personally, I think I have a couple of years of footy left in me and I look forward to developing off-field too.

"Helping young players get the best out of themselves is a passion of mine and I’m keen to pursue a career in coaching once my playing days are over."

Post Thanks / Like

I think Cloke, Dawes and Schultz are all passed it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Some really straight kicks there. He does look very much like a Redpath replacement. I'd be pretty happy to give him a spot

If I remember right he was pretty highly rated by MJP before the draft.
    I remember mike was huge on him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

BMac doesn't like.

Post Thanks / Like

Black has a lot of attributes our other forwards don't have, he's a good contested mark and he can kick straight. Jack Darling was a good comparison, maybe Gunston from Hawthorn. They make the most of their shots and play well in tandem with another key forward.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather have Brian Dawes than Chris Dawes. At least Brian is funny.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

15. Likes Sedat, N/A, Dry Rot, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'd rather have Brian Dawes than Chris Dawes. At least Brian is funny.
    I'd rather have Marjorie Dawes.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

17. Likes Twodogs, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Majak Dawes?