Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  120
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade talk - Anyone we want that may be available?

Mister31 is right though. Black should be dominating for Werribee even if he isn't playing AFL.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hearing from a Blues mate of mine that Carlton are into Hrovat. Don't have any details of what sort of potential trade will ensue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm hearing from a Blues mate of mine that Carlton are into Hrovat. Don't have any details of what sort of potential trade will ensue.
    With our lack of foot skills going forward, he's a must sign now in my book. And I'm sure Carlton will offer something great like a competitive beast KPF for him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    With our lack of foot skills going forward, he's a must sign now in my book. And I'm sure Carlton will offer something great like a competitive beast KPF for him.
    Was Hrovat the Lake trade? I can't remember. If so it's the gift that keeps on giving. I wonder what they'll offer. I think a bit of heat could come on Hrovat and Jong from a number of clubs.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'd prefer to keep him too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Was Hrovat the Lake trade? I can't remember. If so it's the gift that keeps on giving. I wonder what they'll offer. I think a bit of heat could come on Hrovat and Jong from a number of clubs.
    Yep. We selected Hrovat, and Hawks selected Tim O'Brien. With Koby not signed yet, I expect a few clubs into him first.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yep - we were set to take Tim O'Brien but Hrovat slid so we took him.
    We got Koby Stevens out of the deal as well, on forwarded the third rounder to WCE.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Hrovat is ahead of many others for mine on a list of who we keep. Jong, Honeychurch and Stevens are definitely behind him.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be disappointing to lose Hrovat.

He's one of the players on our list who could be firmly best 22 if his body allows a sustained run at it. If we traded him, it would likely be for a second rounder (at best) or more likely a third rounder. Not great value for us.

Hope we keep him.

Post Thanks / Like

Given Gold Coast look like having a truck load of early first round picks and would be in need of some experiences mids.. any thoughts on a trade for Stevens and our first pick in return for say their pick 5 or 6? It would be nice to add another high end young talent to our list.

11. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Given Gold Coast look like having a truck load of early first round picks and would be in need of some experiences mids.. any thoughts on a trade for Stevens and our first pick in return for say their pick 5 or 6? It would be nice to add another high end young talent to our list.
    We can consider it but who wants to go to Gold Coast?
    Have to convince a player first.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We can consider it but who wants to go to Gold Coast?
    Have to convince a player first.
    1/ you get to live and train on the Glod Coast not on the corner of Barkly st and Gordon st (and not many love Barkly st more than me)

2/ Their money is the same as anyone's.

3/ you have to figure that Glod Coast will come good sooner rather than later.

If I couldn't convince a bloke under the age of 30 to move to the Gold Coast then I'd give up.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aliir Aliir would be a great fit and get-able. He'll be a gun, is cheaper and longer term than Hurley and wouldn't be a bad little marketing tool for the club and the Footscray demographic.

And Mitch Hannan. Get Mitch no. 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Aliir Aliir would be a great fit and get-able. He'll be a gun, is cheaper and longer term than Hurley and wouldn't be a bad little marketing tool for the club and the Footscray demographic.

And Mitch Hannan. Get Mitch no. 3.
    I was only telling Twodogs that I suspect he would be a hard player to pry away from the Swans after he suggested the same.
    He'd have a few clubs interested in him no doubt. Swans would put up a fight to keep him and there would be no Biggs like deals on offer.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I was only telling Twodogs that I suspect he would be a hard player to pry away from the Swans after he suggested the same.
    He'd have a few clubs interested in him no doubt. Swans would put up a fight to keep him and there would be no Biggs like deals on offer.
    Agree, with Richards retiring and a fairly aged backline, and Talia needing to be sacked, I can't see Sydney letting him slip at all. I think they'd even trade Sam Reid for a pick and use his sizable salary to secure him and maybe another up and comer.