Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  120
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade talk - Anyone we want that may be available?

Surely we are interested:

Story here

GWS defender Caleb Marchbank requests trade

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

he was the pick 6 +Griffen trade used to get Tom Boyd .it would be ironic if he came to the doggies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Story here

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    he was the pick 6 +Griffen trade used to get Tom Boyd .it would be ironic if he came to the doggies.
    I want to get him just to close that loop, I hate loose ends. I'm don't think my obsessive compulsiveness should be the basis for recruiting decisions though.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I want to get him just to close that loop, I hate loose ends. I'm don't think my obsessive compulsiveness should be the basis for recruiting decisions though.
    More so the haters gunna hate. They bleat Gryphone & pick 6 for an unknown quantity of a tall kid. If we get Marchbank for say pick 22 from GCS (or similar), then we still get the pick 6 player, and with two years of development. So The Boyd Trade becomes in a sense to look even much better for us.

Tom Boyd (pick 1) & Caleb Marchbank (pick 6) - for - Gryphone, Pick 6 & Pick 22. (Or Tom Boyd for Gryphone & pick 22 2016. Which every other club wouldn't hesitate at doing in the same circumstances).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

But can he actually play?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we really rate Hrovat and be surprised if he is traded .

Post Thanks / Like

GWS aren't Freo. They are pretty good at trading. Whilst they will certainly look to let talent return home, they will want high draft picks. 22 wont get it done. 22 plus a player may get it done. They are in a Premiership window (or entering one) so what they need are specific list deficiencies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    GWS aren't Freo. They are pretty good at trading. Whilst they will certainly look to let talent return home, they will want high draft picks. 22 wont get it done. 22 plus a player may get it done. They are in a Premiership window (or entering one) so what they need are specific list deficiencies.
    O'Rourke who went about the same pick or higher in the draft originally, went for pick 19 to Hawthorn from memory. They also refused to trade Adams for Shaw, only to do it. Jaksch who went at pick 12 (plus Whiley included) was only a downgrade in the first round to Carlton. Sure they played hardball on McCarthy, stupidly in my opinion, but an end of first rounder or start of second rounder isn't out of the question based on past trades.

As for other kids wanting to come home recently who weren't guns, Yeo, Docherty & Polec went for picks much worse than pick 22. Marchbank isn't proven and wants out. If they want to strengthen their first round position even more I can see them even taking an upgrade if they are going to flip them for something they really want.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Story here

I was very impressed by him and despite having some injury issues he would be an ideal recruit. Satisfying GWS might not be easy
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes please.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    But can he actually play?
    Seems a little bit of Kristen Jacksh about him.
    He was a high draft pick but has done little except get injured in his two years at GWS.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He was a high draft pick but has done little except get injured in his two years at GWS.
    Agreed he's only played half a dozen games. We need to be sure we're not shark in the water about him trying to get in first because of his draft position and the fact that there is a frenzy over GWS players.

Having said that he's a good height and addresses a need going forward.

I'd rather hold the reins on a tall back and make a big play for Steven May when he comes out of contract next year.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather Tomlinson. Is currently playing and closer to ready to go. To me Marchbank would be equivalent of Collins and we've already got Collins. Having said that I have no idea if Marchbank can play - if he's really good then yeh makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'll bow to the better judges as to whether Marchbank can actually play and hold down a key defensive post at AFL level, but the Jaksch scenario did spring to mind. Jaksch was heavily spruiked as a trade target 2 years ago but for all intents and purposes is a dud - 4 years in the system and not even close to reaching a consistent AFL standard. Not saying Marchbank will end up the same but it is possible that he is simply an in-betweener who lacks the ability to play KPD at AFL level.

I haven't seen enough of him so have no idea what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Post Thanks / Like

Conca at the right price if we could work some magic with his hamstrings?