Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  120
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade talk - Anyone we want that may be available?

I wouldnt be surprised if Jordan Murdoch from Geelong is traded out. Blistering speed but less than par kicking. Any interest for an outside run and carry player?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if Jordan Murdoch from Geelong is traded out. Blistering speed but less than par kicking. Any interest for an outside run and carry player?
    Another poor kick in the team? I best find a cardiologist.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is a pretty good kick and he can kick it long.

I'd be interested at the right price and the Cats would be looking to get back into the draft.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't think he's any good. Getting games because Geelong need someone with speed. Doesn't do anywhere near enough.

Post Thanks / Like

No more bad kicks. We have reached critical mass and have to start shedding players who can't kick.

Every player we recruit from now on has to be able to kick the ball into a rubbish bin from 40 metres away.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

out of curiosity , what is the kicking test they use to recruit draftees ? kicking to a still target vs moving target altogether different propositions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No more bad kicks. We have reached critical mass and have to start shedding players who can't kick.

Every player we recruit from now on has to be able to kick the ball into a rubbish bin from 40 metres away.

Nice Adrian McAdam reference there TD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    out of curiosity , what is the kicking test they use to recruit draftees ? kicking to a still target vs moving target altogether different propositions
    Pretty sure it's 'The Brad Johnson Kicking Test'. 30 targets, over various distances, the targets are called out randomly to the player who has to immediately kick. Bonts completely won me over when he hit 29/30 at the combine.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Pretty sure it's 'The Brad Johnson Kicking Test'. 30 targets, over various distances, the targets are called out randomly to the player who has to immediately kick. Bonts completely won me over when he hit 29/30 at the combine.
    Libba was either first or third in his draft year too.
    Elite off the left.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Libba was either first or third in his draft year too.
    Elite off the left.
    Looking at where we are, this should be the most important test for us recruiting. Hard it at midfielders who can't hit up forwards or do enough that they sit in the forward line isn't going to improve the list balance or team dynamic.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting over on the kiddies forum (BF) Few of the posters reckon we're into Motlop .
    I know it's a grain of salt stuff, but what do we think ?
    They are also getting mail on Jong to Gold Coast for a second rounder .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Interesting over on the kiddies forum (BF) Few of the posters reckon we're into Motlop .
    Depends on the price.

Motlop has exactly what we need - pace, skill and goal nous.

The downside is that he can be very lazy and too cute with his disposal. He's a hard player to assess in terms of 'draft pick worth'. I wouldn't do our first alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    His older brother really hit his straps when he was traded and the tricks couldn't cut it without effort. Cockatoo is someone on their list that I find potentially interesting, price dependant. As GVGjr says, Geelong will probably want back in so I'd like to see if they're really serious about it. Vardy alone won't net them anything much.

As for Jong, GCS have 21, 22 & 28 in the second round (lower with priority picks, academies, father/sons). I'd happily take that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Depends on the price.

The downside is that he can be very lazy and too cute with his disposal. He's a hard player to assess in terms of 'draft pick worth'. I wouldn't do our first alone.
    Completely agree. I'd guess he's a late first rounder. If we traded down (for illustrative purposes, 12 for 18 & Toby Nankervis - I.e. A player we want from a grand finalist) and traded pick 18 for him, and/or add in Vardy if we want him. Daniel really elevated his game when North traded him, and the penny dropped. I guess the question is, can Stevie do it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Depends on the price.

Add in no defensive side to his game. He is all one way.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.