Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  120
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade talk - Anyone we want that may be available?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think there is a big difference between testing guys for how well they kick compared to kicking under pressure in a match.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Very true. Fatigue is also a big factor, would be good to get them to run a couple of km's before kicking and then sprint 100 metres between each kick.
    Good kicks can be made to look really ordinary by ordinary team mates not presenting well.

It's evident when kids are transitioning from the lower level to the senior level. Some kids kick it too hot for their junior team mates, once they transition up they meet players who can handle it and can find space to kick into.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

North are just strange. They are looking at bringing in spring chickens Nathan Brown, Chris Mayne and Zach Tohey, to replace their old brigade.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Trade state of play: What moves will your club make in the off-season?

Western Bulldogs

Draft selections: 12, 30, 58, 66, 71

Free agents: Matthew Boyd (unrestricted), Will Minson (unrestricted)

How's the salary cap looking?
    The Dogs appear to have room to land a big fish after just failing to lure high-priced Bomber Michael Hurley to Whitten Oval.

Who's definitely on the table?
    No Bulldogs have officially requested a trade yet with the season still alive.

Anyone else?
    Midfielder Koby Stevens remains unsigned and has been linked with a move to Essendon. Small forward Nathan Hrovat is also out of contract, but is favoured to stay after impressing in his return from injury. Midfielder Mitch Honeychurch dominates the VFL, but has struggled for opportunities at senior level. Lin Jong could be headed to Collingwood after touring the Magpies' facilities mid-season.

Who are they targeting?
    Travis Cloke is almost certain to be a Dog in 2017 after asking Collingwood for a trade. Geelong's Nathan Vardy is also of interest to the Dogs, as Luke Beveridge is a big fan of versatile big men. And after missing out on Hurley, Eagle Eric Mackenzie or Magpie Nathan Brown could also be on the Bulldogs' radar to replenish their thin key defensive stocks.

Post Thanks / Like

Given we are into Mackenzie and Brown and have Adams, Hamling, Collins and Zaine down back my feeling is that if Roberts is dropped for tomorrow night's match that will be the last we see of him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Given we are into Mackenzie and Brown and have Adams, Hamling, Collins and Zaine down back my feeling is that if Roberts is dropped for tomorrow night's match that will be the last we see of him.
    Not convinced we are into McKenzie or Brown, it's only (logical) speculation from the journalist at this point.

Will be an interesting trade period for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Not convinced we are into McKenzie or Brown, it's only (logical) speculation from the journalist at this point.

Will be an interesting trade period for us.
    Yeah I haven't heard anything specific about them either. We seem to be linked to anyone over 193cm as per every trade period since 2008. The Jong speculation has stimulated the Brown talk it seems.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I haven't heard anything specific about them either. We seem to be linked to anyone over 193cm as per every trade period since 2008. The Jong speculation has stimulated the Brown talk it seems.
    Brown is a restricted free agent, unless we decide to trade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

You mean

Aliir Aliir Aliir Aliir
    No. It's AliirĀ²
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    No. It's AliirĀ²
    I heard it as Shand Aliir
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Liam McBean has just signed with Glenelg.