Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  120
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade talk - Anyone we want that may be available?

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Speaking of, how do we think Plowman's going? I remember GVGjr being big on him and 'media' seems to think he's doing well.

I prefer to get WOOF's thoughts
    FWIW, Carlton supporters seem pretty happy with him and I thought he played well against us when pitted against Stringer.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    His contract with GWS 'might' be superior to what we would be prepared to pay so it might come into consideration.
    The concern is that he probably hasn't made one position his own yet and for us the emergence of Adams and Collins via last years draft would indicate we have addressed any gaps in the back line. With Crameri coming back into our forward line it's probably also cramped.

I'd say he is an unlikely target.
    It sounds like there wouldn't be much point him coming across anyway as he would just be on another list with a wealth of players similar to him.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Neale is going to the Bombers and Tomlinson wants to return to Victoria FWIW.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Tomlinson needs to go to a club that will play him in the seniors. He won't get any better playing in the NEAFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Apparently Neale is going to the Bombers and Tomlinson wants to return to Victoria FWIW.
    Seems a surprising move for Neale. He's been used to finals footy and even with players returning you would have to think that Essendon will struggle next season. I'm also convinced they've had to pay overs to keep some of their guys which should shrink their ability to spend up on players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Seems a surprising move for Neale. He's been used to finals footy and even with players returning you would have to think that Essendon will struggle next season. I'm also convinced they've had to pay overs to keep some of their guys which should shrink their ability to spend up on players.

Essendon could do with a player like Neale though. He'd fit several of their criteria.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Barrett (I know) suggesting that Brad Crouch might be coming back to Vic. He's obviously a super talent, but I just don't know if I could cop a guy who got suspended for sinking beers at the Clipsal 500.
    Sinking beers at the clipsal? Should be suspended if he didn't.

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    No one is better than Bont, nothing is better than Pink Flag, DEFINITELY not Elastica. The "popular opinion" of Cripps being better than Bont is making me hate Cripps, and that's a damn shame. Tomlinson can be whatever that album they brought out last year was called.

Stringer in this analogy is obviously Loveless.
    Sorry, I have Bont as Zeppelin, morris as sabbath, Wallis as acdc, Libba as slip knot, koby as(early) Metallica, macrae as iron maiden, stringer as deathlok, hunter as Bon Jovi, wood as SOAD, Maclean as van halen, Adams as Slayer, redpath as rob zombie.murph is cat empire, Jj can be frenzal rhomb.

10. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive always fancied Prestia but I'm not sure another small is exactly what we need, but he's dynamic and explosive - they won't want him to go, as the air to Ablett but he looks read to depart

My view is Tomlinson and Stewart will be eased out for opportunity and salary cap relief. We may knock on the door of Nick Haynes again

Neale is looking for a big deal and I just can't see Freo letting him go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Ive always fancied Prestia but I'm not sure another small is exactly what we need, but he's dynamic and explosive - they won't want him to go, as the air to Ablett but he looks read to depart
    He's a very good player and would attract a number of suitors. For us we would almost need to trade the likes of Hrovat and/or Honeychurch to be in a position to trade for him.

My view is Tomlinson and Stewart will be eased out for opportunity and salary cap relief. We may knock on the door of Nick Haynes again
    You might be right. Carlton were keen on Tomlinson last year and perhaps Collingwood would feel compelled to make a play for Stewart. Stewart in particular is one of those players I think many clubs would be interested in.

Post Thanks / Like

Nathan Vardy if he shows he can stay fit?

Geelong have Stanley, Smith & Blicavs as their apparent best three ruckman and they have two developing rucks also.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Nathan Vardy if he shows he can stay fit?

Geelong have Stanley, Smith & Blicavs as their apparent best three ruckman and they have two developing rucks also.
    Ah, in theory, great idea.

But the reason Geelong went out and got Stanley and Smith was because Vardy cannot stay fit.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Ah, in theory, great idea.

But the reason Geelong went out and got Stanley and Smith was because Vardy cannot stay fit.
    That should make him cheap then.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Neale is looking for a big deal and I just can't see Freo letting him go
    Big Prestia fan. Have been from the first time I saw him play for GC. We keep saying "we don't need another inside mid" but for whatever reason we keep adding them and the team gets better. I think you can't have enough good footballers on your list. I'd love to make a play for him.

And I don't want to get involved in a frantic bidding war for Neale. Freo won't want to let him go either so we'd be trying to convince him and Freo. Hopefully the other clubs will be all over Neale and Freo leaving us to pick the eyes out of the expansion clubs and Essendon.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That should make him cheap then.

Careful now. You've got that magic power. Be careful what you wish for.

Post Thanks / Like

This game and North have exposed us in depth of another tall forward. Watts (FA) & Vardy are the two I can think of who are gettable, but are they going to fix it enough?