Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  120
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade talk - Anyone we want that may be available?

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Sounds a bit rich for me but he could fit into our side perfectly
    I would. I'd move on Minson for salary cap, and trade Roughead for salary and whatever we can get. Maybe the Crows might be interested in him, a pick and with Hamilton steak knives in a trade?

Campbell our main ruckman, Jenkins & Boyd as alternating pinch hitters in the ruck. Redpath our back up KPF. Then go shopping for a mature ruckman as cover for Campbell with Goetz developing (hopefully).

HF: McLean Stringer Crameri
    F: Jenkins Boyd Dickson

That's a scary forward outfit if we learn to kick into the 50 properly.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Jenkins goes well at Adelaide in amongst Tex, Betts and Lynch.

I'm not convinced he would go that well as the main man at Brisbane. He's a good player - but not good enough to be one of your highest 2 or 3 players.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect time for him to cash in.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I would. I'd move on Minson for salary cap, and trade Roughead for salary and whatever we can get. Maybe the Crows might be interested in him, a pick and with Hamilton steak knives in a trade?

Campbell our main ruckman, Jenkins & Boyd as alternating pinch hitters in the ruck. Redpath our back up KPF. Then go shopping for a mature ruckman as cover for Campbell with Goetz developing (hopefully).

HF: McLean Stringer Crameri
    F: Jenkins Boyd Dickson

That's a scary forward outfit if we learn to kick into the 50 properly.
    Would you trade one of our other forwards out for him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Would you trade one of our other forwards out for him?
    No, I'd like serious competition for the two KPF spots. If Redders can earn his spot at the expense of Boyd, Jenkins or Stringer (Crameri, Dickson & McLean obviously are smalls) then that's great and then whoever gets dropped needs to fight back. We also need another tall forward for depth of an injury or suspension. I think it makes us an attractive destinations for Jenkins, as Ozza says Jenkins is going to do his most damage with a multi skilled forward line of top end talent. Much how Gunston is far more damaging when he had Buddy & Roughy around drawing the main defenders.

I think it allows for more maximum flexibility for Bevo too. We can have our main ruckman (Campbell) and alternate the second ruck between Boyd & Jenkins with who is the best match up at the time.

But we'd have to offer up something decent for this to be realistic. Our current first rounder would be pick 13 which seems too high and our second pick 31 which is too low, on its own. Then we have to put up some capital, id consider offers on Roughy, Stevens, Hrovat to see the market value and if direct, an SA kid like Hamilton as steak knives.

Long term the backline looks solid. The inside mids too. This would secure the forward line until Jenkins & Dicko's would retire in 5/6 years. Then we need to find some extra midfield silk.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

No, I'd like serious competition for the two KPF spots. If Redders can earn his spot at the expense of Boyd, Jenkins or Stringer (Crameri, Dickson & McLean obviously are smalls) then that's great and then whoever gets dropped needs to fight back. We also need another tall forward for depth of an injury or suspension. I think it makes us an attractive destinations for Jenkins, as Ozza says Jenkins is going to do his most damage with a multi skilled forward line of top end talent. Much how Gunston is far more damaging when he had Buddy & Roughy around drawing the main defenders.

I think it allows for more maximum flexibility for Bevo too. We can have our main ruckman (Campbell) and alternate the second ruck between Boyd & Jenkins with who is the best match up at the time.

But we'd have to offer up something decent for this to be realistic. Our current first rounder would be pick 13 which seems too high and our second pick 31 which is too low, on its own. Then we have to put up some capital, id consider offers on Roughy, Stevens, Hrovat to see the market value and if direct, an SA kid like Hamilton as steak knives.

Long term the backline looks solid. The inside mids too. This would secure the forward line until Jenkins & Dicko's would retire in 5/6 years. Then we need to find some extra midfield silk.
    Let's say Jenkins comes over for $500k - if there's only 2 spots for key forwards, how would you feel about tying up $1.5k in two guys and potentially not picking one of them?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Let's say Jenkins comes over for $500k - if there's only 2 spots for key forwards, how would you feel about tying up $1.5k in two guys and potentially not picking one of them?
    Boyd & Jenkins are easily best 22. If Redders form is so strong that it can't be ignored and he maintains it at AFL level that's fine by me. But I'd happily back Boyd & Jenkins (covering second ruck duties too) in and those two with Stringer, Crameri, Dickson & McLean as a forward line to kick winning scores every week with good supply.

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd & Jenkins are easily best 22. If Redders form is so strong that it can't be ignored and he maintains it at AFL level that's fine by me. But I'd happily back Boyd & Jenkins (covering second ruck duties too) in and those two with Stringer, Crameri, Dickson & McLean as a forward line to kick winning scores every week with good supply.
    Redders to CHB?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Now this is who we should be chasing

Demons stand firm as Tom McDonald holds off on contract

Melbourne's Tom McDonald has delayed putting pen to paper on a long-term deal which would tie him to the Demons until at least 2020.It is understood the talented key defender has stalled negotiations, leaving potential suitors under the impression that he may be open to leaving.
    But Melbourne remain adamant the offer on the table to the 23-year-old will not be increased as the club works to retain its growing list of young guns, headed by West Australian Jesse Hogan, who has put off contract talks to the end of the season.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    BAD, what are you prepared to offer to get him?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Redders to CHB?
    Hawthorn went into 2015 with having Roughy, Gunston, Cicily, O'Brien (MvEvoy & Ceglar)
    North with Petrie, Waite, Brown (Goldstein, Daw)
    GWS with Cameron, Patton, McCarthy, Lobb and others (Mumford etc)
    Sydney with Buddy, Tippett, Reid, Johnson (Sinclair, Derikz, Nankervis)
    WCE with Kennedy, Darling, Nic Nat (Lycett)

We have Tom Boyd (raw), Redders (raw in experience) and Stringer we are expecting ludicrous things from (Roughy, Campbell, Minson in name only it seems for the balance of 2016).

I think we can afford to modify the list to go to three big forwards on the list (who can also play second ruck) and two ruckman on the primary list. If three KPFs all in form, these teams show you can squeeze them in and win.

Post Thanks / Like

They are all good arguments BT. I like the Gunston point, you'd have to think someone or even sometwo out of those six would be sure to get ff the leash each week. You couldn't cover all of them.

I'd be worried having that much of the cap tied up in two players though.

Post Thanks / Like

They are all good arguments BT. I like the Gunston point, you'd have to think someone or even sometwo out of those six would be sure to get ff the leash each week. You couldn't cover all of them.

I'd be worried having that much of the cap tied up in two players though.
    As the cap increases, the percentage of the cap used on them reduces. Or you look at the cheaper option of Watts/Vickery, or if Brisbane are offering a big offer perhaps McStay is possibly going to add to the exodus too. He'd still cost a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't mind Watts. I reckon he could be a decent player in a good team with some good habits.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't mind Watts. I reckon he could be a decent player in a good team with some good habits.
    As a free agent at the right price, I'm with you. I wonder how he will take it with all the younger KPPs getting offered a lot more money than he's getting. He's a smart bloke, surely he realises it's time to start a fresh and leave booing 'fans' in his past.