Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What kind of Bulldog watcher are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Ummm.

LOL sorry TD, I thought I was being highly original. Beat me too it.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I seem to be unusual, I'm more vocal at the game than at home. I do way more chanting and commentating than is appropriate for a grown woman.

One of my proudest days was when I'd spent the afternoon barracking hard and an old-timer supporter in front of us turned around and said to my husband, 'She really is a true Bulldog.' Hey, for all I know it was one of you guys!

At home I am nervous and restless. My kitchen gets super-clean if I'm listening to a tight game on the radio.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I seem to be unusual, I'm more vocal at the game than at home. I do way more chanting and commentating than is appropriate for a grown woman.

One of my proudest days was when I'd spent the afternoon barracking hard and an old-timer supporter in front of us turned around and said to my husband, 'She really is a true Bulldog.' Hey, for all I know it was one of you guys!

At home I am nervous and restless. My kitchen gets super-clean if I'm listening to a tight game on the radio.
    My wife never goes to matches but always listens to games on Radio while she is doing house work. She enjoys listening to the guys on 774, but will never watch a TV game. I hate the radio, especially the way the commentators call the match. I never know exactly where the ball is and I get frustrated.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My wife never goes to matches but always listens to games on Radio while she is doing house work. She enjoys listening to the guys on 774, but will never watch a TV game. I hate the radio, especially the way the commentators call the match. I never know exactly where the ball is and I get frustrated.
    I could never understand the attraction of Rex Hunt. Had no idea what was happening in the game.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post

Oh my god. I can't listen on the radio and not cook. I have to bake biscuits or brownies or a cake or something to celebrate with.

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I could never understand the attraction of Rex Hunt. Had no idea what was happening in the game.
    I know, obnoxious with a capital O. Bagging competitors, getting involved in spats with people in the crowd trying to watch football or getting involved in street fights in Far North Queensland (apparantly him and his family were 'jumped' whilst innocently walking down the street in Cairns. I'm sure Rexy wasn't being his obnoxious self like he is 99% of the rest of the time and didn't start anything) Rex is all class.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

The part in The Ride when Peter Gordon is pacing the car park at Ethiad is familiar although my sister and I hide in the toilets when things get tense during a game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Im Not Bitter View Post
    The part in The Ride when Peter Gordon is pacing the car park at Ethiad is familiar although my sister and I hide in the toilets when things get tense during a game
    Which toilets?

Post Thanks / Like

Womens usually

Post Thanks / Like

Womens usually
    Ahhh,
    Sisters,
    Got it

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Car park sounds good actually. Time would probably go quicker.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching from home on Subday I tried to be a bit more mindful of how I felt, in comparison to watching live. I felt the nerves and anxiety and desperation more than I do at a game. I think it is because there is no social element, nothing to off set the competitive beast or add some humour to the equation. Watching live is a more joyful, connected experience for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate the situation when you go to the toilet during the quarter and we kick a goal. At that point, I feel like it's some kind of omen and then seriously consider going back to see if we will kick another. Because, as any rational person will tell you, the fact that I left my seat way up on level three undeniably influenced what happened on the ground.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

15. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be watching tonight's match since it starts at 12:20am Sunday here. The evening matches there are far more difficult to watch because of the time difference. Most start at about 4:20am. I sometimes wake up at 6am or so (hey, I'm old and male ) and check the scores. Once or twice I've stayed up all night, but you wouldn't want to see me later that day.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
    I'll be watching tonight's match since it starts at 12:20am Sunday here. The evening matches there are far more difficult to watch because of the time difference. Most start at about 4:20am. I sometimes wake up at 6am or so (hey, I'm old and male ) and check the scores. Once or twice I've stayed up all night, but you wouldn't want to see me later that day.
    It's roughly the same for soccer fans here. European cup this morning.