Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  72
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Neanderthals strike again

God knows I have very little time for Damian Barrett, but his attempt to distance himself from this appalling conversation has done him credit in my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    God knows I have very little time for Damian Barrett, but his attempt to distance himself from this appalling conversation has done him credit in my eyes.
    I thought so too, grudgingly. Unlike James Brayshaw, highlighting what we already knew about him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    I thought so too, grudgingly. Unlike James Brayshaw, highlighting what we already knew about him.
    Eddie McGuire is copping it because he's a president. Isn't the James Brayshaw who was in this conversation also an AFL president?

(Yes)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Eddie McGuire is copping it because he's a president. Isn't the James Brayshaw who was in this conversation also an AFL president?

(Yes)
    I think Eddie is copping it because of his other efforts with the Adam Goodes/King Kong comment, demonstrating he hasn't learnt anything. But yeah, you're right.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Eddie is copping it because of his other efforts with the Adam Goodes/King Kong comment, demonstrating he hasn't learnt anything. But yeah, you're right.
    Is that King Kong comment thing that got swept under the rug with no sanction by the AFL?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Is that King Kong comment thing that got swept under the rug with no sanction by the AFL?
    Yes, but he helped bring the minor who started the whole shabang to justice...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yes, but he helped bring the minor who started the whole shabang to justice...
    We can't rule out that she also started this, and Eddie was really tired and doing other things and accidentally said things which didn't represent his views. I'm sure the AFEL Integrity Unit will conclude something along these lines.

Post Thanks / Like

History of gaffe's read here

Needs to resign, not fit to be a public figure let alone Collingwood president.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

A no dickheads policy served the Swans well a little while back.

The AFL might like to begin adopting this approach with regard to club presidents.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

What the recalcitrant moron fails to acknowledge is that his mealy-mouthed non apology screams loudly and defiantly that this behaviour actually *IS* ok and that his right to "joke" about this trumps the damage it does to the game, the undermining of the fledgling women's game, poor public (and female) perception of the game's culture which (in some vocal sectors) ranges from blokey to openly misogynist and the broader societal cancer that is violence against women.

On top of the putrid morality on show, he's just as guilty of rank idiocy.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Just banter BAD. Just banter.

The sooner this bogan type behavior is stamped out of the AFL the better it will be for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no fan of Eddie and his gang but I think they went Wilson because she is the most hard hitting journo covering AFL.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

15. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I'm no fan of Eddie and his gang but I think they went Wilson because she is the most hard hitting journo covering AFL.
    No one else in the media goes after Barrett. A woman is an easier target.

17. Likes bornadog, anfo27, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in someone for not disappointing me.

The transcript reads terribly especially for Frawley (one of the only ones involved I don't mind) with his "hold her under" comment. Hardly surprising considering how bogan that station is, their ad they play at the footy is a who's who of bogan dickheads.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but in another way, he's a perfect fit!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus