Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Paul Roos Experiment is Nearly Over - Pass or Fail?

I agree with Roos. There is just no way that a team who signs a player on a big money deal can do so without hamstringing the overall depth of their list and affecting their chance of success.

Wait..
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What Roos forgot to mention that the Swans have 2 players on big contracts when you include Tippett. Just on 2 million there.

Post Thanks / Like

He also forgot to mention the Swans access to elite talent other teams don't have due to the Academy system.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

He also forgot to mention that when Buddy was signed they had COLA.

He also forgot to mention that the new EBA is about to be signed and the contract value will change dramatically.

He also forgot to investigate and mention how Buddy is paid, is he actually paid $1m a year or was it front/back loaded?

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post

He also forgot to mention that the new EBA is about to be signed and the contract value will change dramatically.

He also forgot to investigate and mention how Buddy is paid, is he actually paid $1m a year or was it front/back loaded?
    It was back loaded Td. I read about it recently. Each year from now on he is going to be paid more.

Post Thanks / Like

So as the EBA goes up his payments go up. And as EBA is not signed yet its impossible to make a determination on the impact of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Lance Franklin is contracted to be paid close to $1.5 million in the eighth year of his ground-breaking nine-year contract, with the superstar forward's payments due to peak in the seventh and eighth seasons.

Fairfax Media has learnt some details of Franklin's unprecedented contract, which sees him paid at the low end in the first two seasons of 2014 and 2015, when he receives about $700,000 a year, but it rises to around $1.2 million in the third season (2016) and remains at about $1.2 million in both years four (2017) and five (2018).

Franklin's remuneration then rises further in the sixth, seventh and eighth years, before dropping to roughly $1 million in the ninth and final year, by which stage Franklin will be 36.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...009-2v8qk.html

10. Thanks bulldogtragic, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It may as well have been titled "the reasons I think I'm better than John Longmire"

Wasn't he going to America?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post

And Sydney have surely been hurt by not being able to sign any players when COLA was removed (even to find players who were lacking opportunities elsewhere like we did with Biggs)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    And Sydney have surely been hurt by not being able to sign any players when COLA was removed (even to find players who were lacking opportunities elsewhere like we did with Biggs)
    It could be that their recruiting has gone off the boil, and that the picks they've used haven't been of the quality required.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.