Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  50
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lin Jong Tours Collingwood's Facilities

I think Jong's manager has opted for a strategy to pressure the Bulldogs to make a good offer. I could see Lin being offered a 3 year deal at more than one other club. Question is, do we think he is worth a 3 year deal?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I think Jong's manager has opted for a strategy to pressure the Bulldogs to make a good offer. I could see Lin being offered a 3 year deal at more than one other club. Question is, do we think he is worth a 3 year deal?
    Yeah he is young and he is only going to get better.
    He certainly isn't a list clogger, I would presume he is looking around for longer deal and more game time.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Bubba Smith saying before last nights game on 3AW that they presented Jong with a Filth jumper and told him if he was going to the Filth,that he'd have to get some tatts and lose a few teeth.

4. Likes AndrewP6, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Bubba Smith saying before last nights game on 3AW that they presented Jong with a Filth jumper and told him if he was going to the Filth,that he'd have to get some tatts and lose a few teeth.
    It was funny on game day they asked stringer about it and he replied " wish I got an invite too"
    Just shows how stupid the media is in blowing up things.
    It's a common thing obviously when coming out of contract to weigh up options and all clubs do it.
    Obviously the players and coach have no problem with it and realise it's a business .. And it's great the players haven't ostracised him. He won't want to leave a bunch of mates ..if the offer isn't a huge difference and it also depends how important the club see him.
    For all we know the club night see someone on the pies list we want more than Jong so we have contacted the pies .. It's all undercover stuff like the Boyd deal everyone thought it was Patton even the press.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    It was funny on game day they asked stringer about it and he replied " wish I got an invite too"
    Just shows how stupid the media is in blowing up things.
    It's a common thing obviously when coming out of contract to weigh up options and all clubs do it.
    Obviously the players and coach have no problem with it and realise it's a business .. And it's great the players haven't ostracised him. He won't want to leave a bunch of mates ..if the offer isn't a huge difference and it also depends how important the club see him.
    For all we know the club night see someone on the pies list we want more than Jong so we have contacted the pies .. It's all undercover stuff like the Boyd deal everyone thought it was Patton even the press.
    They had convinced themselves it was Jonathan Patton hadn't they? And then he did his knee just before the end of the season.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously the players and coach have no problem with it and realise it's a business .
    The players are just saying that so they can show the public all is well at the club.

Coaches do not like it one bit and many came out during the week saying so - Roos, Hardwick, even Buckley said he wouldn't like it. Peter Gordon wasn't happy, and pretty sure Bevo is not happy one bit. Yes, they know it happens, but they would rather not know which player it is. It is just like any work place.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought he was better. Maybe he should go back again this week!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Thought he was better. Maybe he should go back again this week!

We could do a swap. He could train there and one of their guys could train with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    We could do a swap. He could train there and one of their guys could train with us.
    I'm sure Pendles would jump at the chance to be Bont's understudy
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

11. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to hear that Bevo confirmed that Jongy has a two year deal on the table from us.

While I can understand how a player would look at a longer term, more lucrative option - personally, I hope we don't budge on ours.
    2 years is absolute MAX at this stage IMO. Club knows best, but to me - he's a one + one depending on performance/ability to crack the senior team.

Post Thanks / Like

Got it on good word Lin doesn't want to leave.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Got it on good word Lin doesn't want to leave.

Bought a house in the west last year, no doubt just wants to sure up his future. I doubt he'll leave also.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Think it was more his manager organising it and you don't pay a manager to do nothing.
    Buckley did say his house was being renovated so it wouldn't have been there.. Sounds like amateur hour, it happens sometimes the best laid plans etc etc
    No big deal , seems the press were trying to make something of it but even Robbo said it was common in the end when he investigated it with other clubs.
    Personally I think he will sign with us . We have all backed him even the supporters.. It's only the freaks at the pies who turn on their own eg Cloke when the press started rumours on him leaving .. Then he stayed and the supporters had egg on their face.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo did say last night he loves him, the players love him and he is a much wanted player with us.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Think it was more his manager organising it and you don't pay a manager to do nothing.
    Buckley did say his house was being renovated so it wouldn't have been there.. Sounds like amateur hour, it happens sometimes the best laid plans etc etc
    No big deal , seems the press were trying to make something of it but even Robbo said it was common in the end when he investigated it with other clubs.
    Personally I think he will sign with us . We have all backed him even the supporters.. It's only the freaks at the pies who turn on their own eg Cloke when the press started rumours on him leaving .. Then he stayed and the supporters had egg on their face.
    You don't pay him to lead you up the garden path either. Whether the manager thought "great, get Lin a bigger contract and my percentage goes up as well" or was being deliberately mischievous I think it's the sort of advice/management that Lin could do without.