Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  28
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Redpath

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Redpath

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    So is Cloke. I wouldn't really class either of them as contested beasts.
    Cloke has the ability to still take contested marks either in a pack or strong one on one contests... Not sure Jack does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    So is Cloke. I wouldn't really class either of them as contested beasts.
    Just pumping them up

Both can take a good strong mark, something we have lacked in the forward 50.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How did we rate Jack's game last night. Was good the week before but wasn't featured in my bankers last night. I think we can't be too hard on him either as he is finding his way back at senior level.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    How did we rate Jack's game last night. Was good the week before but wasn't featured in my bankers last night. I think we can't be too hard on him either as he is finding his way back at senior level.

Often a player returning from a long term injury will struggle in their second game back.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Big concern is how slow he looked. It's going to be bloody tough having a career as a leading forward if you don't have the burst to create seperation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Big concern is how slow he looked. It's going to be bloody tough having a career as a leading forward if you don't have the burst to create seperation.
    To be honest he looked really slow in his return match for Footscray. Strong but slow.
    He has missed a large slice of footy so must be underdone.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I cut Jack a bit of slack with only 2 games back. He kicked 2 against geelong whilst Hawkins kicked one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    I cut Jack a bit of slack with only 2 games back. He kicked 2 against geelong whilst Hawkins kicked one.
    It wasn't a game for big forwads. Somehow Taylor kicks 5 though.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

The piece of play where he lost sight of a high ball and then took an eternity to turn was pretty embarrassing.. After 3 knee reco's Jack is now a very limited player and I don't think he is the answer.. Needs to do everything he can extremely well to remain viable, but I prefer others.

Post Thanks / Like

My concern with Redpath is his inability to apply defensive pressure if he isn't directly in marking contest. 2 tackles in his first 3 games.

Post Thanks / Like

He moves around F50 like a forward from the 80s. That mark and goal early was all for the night. With Cloke, Stringer and Dickson back we have options and I think he needs to return to the VFL to work on his fitness and match conditioning.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoops
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Redders seems a weird case. His career seems to be, have an OK game, but then a poor one. He stays in (if he doesn't get himself suspended) and plays an ok game. But then follows it up with a poor one.

He's still out of contract. Is this the best we can expect from him?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is what he is.

Do we keep him? Not sure. All depends on where do we see Tom Boyd playing 2018 and beyond?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Redders seems a weird case. His career seems to be, have an OK game, but then a poor one. He stays in (if he doesn't get himself suspended) and plays an ok game. But then follows it up with a poor one.

He's still out of contract. Is this the best we can expect from him?
    I dont think we can afford to play him off 6 day breaks or coming back from an interstate trip. His turning circle is a worry & his kicking for goal is poor for someone who kicks the ball well. Heard Carlton are into him.