Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  27
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 19 2016 vs Geelong

Wouldn't have thought Dickson gets dropped. Only he and Bont were multiple goal kickers last week - seeing as we kicked only 9 last week - I wouldn't be dropping a bloke who knows where they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on Graeme Lowe's weekly video segment it sounds as if McLean's a very strong chance to return this week as well.

Stringer, Dahlhaus, McLean and a better acquainted Boyd won't hurt our chances of bettering the 5 goals we managed against them last time.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo said in his presser that there maybe a 20th player to line up in the backline for this year.
    Cordy hasn't played so far this year has he? I can't remember. So one of the changes would Zane for Moz.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Bevo said in his presser that there maybe a 20th player to line up in the backline for this year.
    Cordy hasn't played so far this year has he? I can't remember. So one of the changes would Zane for Moz.
    20th backline player in 1 year is insane. Most successful backlines are built around stability, so this year's performance has been all the more exceptional.

The silver lining from last week is that, despite everything possible going wrong and constant self-inflicted pressure through turnovers, we still somehow managed to restrict our opponent to 11.6 at Etihad -another amazing endorsement of our defensive systems.

5. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Did he mention Rourke Smith as a chance as well?
    Zaine for Moz seems a no brainer if Morris doesn't get up.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Gee this is going to be a big hill to climb this week.
    Notwithstanding the emotional impact of last weekend's losses (both the game and Mitch and Jack) we're now playing Geelong at their home with the additional weight of the occasion being to celebrate Bartel's 300th, and Enright breaking the club game's played record.
    If we win this week, I'm calling it as immediately being deserved of being spoken about as one of our all time greatest home and away victories.

8. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Life of Brian is showing on SBS on Friday night. It's a bit tempting... I don't know if I've got the emotional resilience to sit through another nerve-wracking game after last week!

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Life of Brian is showing on SBS on Friday night. It's a bit tempting... I don't know if I've got the emotional resilience to sit through another nerve-wracking game after last week!
    I haven't missed a game this year (in Melbourne, I rarely do), but I won't be venturing to Geelong on a miserable cold night, with hardly any tickets available for away teams. I will be watching though, but need to control myself as my wife hates me yelling and screaming at the TV.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we need a special soundproof footy viewing room, our kids can't stand the amount of noise we make either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    In-Stringer,Dahl,The Rat,and HC

Out-Redders,Wally,Jong and Dickson
    Change to Moz out
    Dickson to stay in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Change to Moz out
    Dickson to stay in
    have you heard anything on Moz?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    have you heard anything on Moz?
    I don't believe as serious as Mitch and Jack but not sure of his one.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't missed a game this year (in Melbourne, I rarely do), but I won't be venturing to Geelong on a miserable cold night, with hardly any tickets available for away teams. I will be watching though, but need to control myself as my wife hates me yelling and screaming at the TV.
    Will be watching at home from the couch. I think even if you are a home and away Bulldogs member you don't have access to the ground and you have to buy a ticket I believe.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    20th backline player in 1 year is insane. Most successful backlines are built around stability, so this year's performance has been all the more exceptional.

The silver lining from last week is that, despite everything possible going wrong and constant self-inflicted pressure through turnovers, we still somehow managed to restrict our opponent to 11.6 at Etihad -another amazing endorsement of our defensive systems.
    Despite the bad news over the last week there has been so much more upside to the whole season. Do you see Adams playing a part in the finals PP? Will be huge for him being a first year player playing in finals.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong games are a massive rip off. Will never go again after paying a small fortune last year to barely be able to see a thing at the far end of the ground. The result wasn't flash either
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic