Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Rookie List

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I am with you bad, no Adcock. I was pro drafting him but he looks cooked at AFL level. Losing a yard off his pace has been deadly to his career.
    Yeah absolutely no to Adcock. Doesn't add much other than a solid player in a few respects, and I feel we would be better served by someone like Webb whose trajectory is going upwards even if he would have similiar current output.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    No evidence to back this up but it seems so much harder for guys who break both bones to come back the same player, Nathan Brown never was. The steadier we take it the better
    Counterpoint: Dale Morris. As good/better than ever, though it did take some time.

Post Thanks / Like

No evidence to back this up but it seems so much harder for guys who break both bones to come back the same player, Nathan Brown never was. The steadier we take it the better
    As well as Dale Morris, Michael Voss also had a similar lower leg fracture (albeit younger than Mitch).

Players can come back from it but I think all of 2017 is a wipeout for Mitch.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not a chance Wally is back for the start of next season. He'll be pushing to be ready for the start of 2018.

It's not a broken foot, it's 2 snapped bones in his leg, identical to Stringer as BT mentioned.
    Someone posted a photos of Stringer and Wallis mid-snap, side by side on big footy - they are so identical you could almost just photo-shop the faces of the players.
    Last edited by GVGjr; 25-07-2016 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Lazy typing

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Morris fractured his major lower leg bone, the tibia but unlike Mitch not the fibula as well. It took Dale 18 months to get back. He was over 30 yo.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Someone posted a photos of Stringer and Wallis mid-snap, side by side on big footy - they are so identical you could almost just photo-shop the faces of the players.
    See post in get well Wally thread
    Last edited by GVGjr; 25-07-2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Lazt typing in quote
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not a chance Wally is back for the start of next season. He'll be pushing to be ready for the start of 2018.

It's not a broken foot, it's 2 snapped bones in his leg, identical to Stringer as BT mentioned.
    Dale Morris missed ALL of 2012 after doing his in 2011.

If Dale Morris couldn't return to play in the following year - then I don't know WHO can.

See you in '18 Wally. Get strong and come back a star like Dale has been.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Dale Morris missed ALL of 2012 after doing his in 2011.

If Dale Morris couldn't return to play in the following year - then I don't know WHO can.

See you in '18 Wally. Get strong and come back a star like Dale has been.
    Wallis is 5 years younger than what Dale was when he broke his leg.

Also Morris was on track to return in 2012 but developed a stress fracture below the initial break and had to have surgery to put in a plate, which obviously set him back a long way.

I'll back Wally and the medicos to get him back on the park at some stage next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So Goetz is gone. Lynch & Roarke can stay on. Adcock, who knows.

It really is a philosophical thing now. Are we panning for gold for Dahl & JJ types, or are we looking for senior backup with multiple guys on the LTI from early 2017. Going to be interesting what we do with it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Brown not only did the same injury, he snapped all his ligaments and had other damage .
    Came back at the start of 06 , but had soreness in the leg and didn't play for 3 months .
    No rushing with Mitch though, 12 months seems right

Post Thanks / Like

Prudden is getting picked up (presumably pick 36). Assuming we don't get a ruckman as a DFA or in the ND, then if we want depth then pick 18 in the rookie draft is our last/only shot.

Overall, 3 rookies who play half back flank with two having ACLs in the past 18 months isn't an ideal spread. So I guess the only question is do we go with ruck depth or roll the dice on a kid and hope our rucks hold together (against their injury history)?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Was today our last chance to confirm rookie upgrades?

I still wouldn't rule out a DFA, rookie upgrade (Roarke) and two live picks at the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Was today our last chance to confirm rookie upgrades?

I still wouldn't rule out a DFA, rookie upgrade (Roarke) and two live picks at the draft.
    Yep, the club confirmed Roarke & Lynch playing as rookies next year. So one rookie pick, 3 ND and a DFA (or 4 ND picks).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep, the club confirmed Roarke & Lynch playing as rookies next year. So one rookie pick, 3 ND and a DFA (or 4 ND picks).
    Well I guess we can rule that out then!