Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Open Mike - Jacko

If you haven't seen this episode with Mark Jackson, then I recommend you do.

I laughed throughout, I agreed on some points Jacko made, and couldn't believe what he said to Mike.

For those that never saw Jacko, you will be shocked on his antics on the field. (some clips in episode)

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Open Mike - Jacko

I tuned in... and in hindsight wished I hadn't. Irrespective of people's perceptions of Sheahan, Jackson carried on the same way he played football, without respect for his opponent, without dignity, a lack of coherence, and an almighty chip on his shoulders. At no point does he ever think to assume some semblance of responsibility for his own wasted talent, preferring to ramble incoherently about some perceived organised vendetta against him and others of his ilk.
    Seriously delusional, and at times I wondered last night whether he was high, or whether he is suffering serious mental illness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I tuned in... and in hindsight wished I hadn't. Irrespective of people's perceptions of Sheahan, Jackson carried on the same way he played football, without respect for his opponent, without dignity, a lack of coherence, and an almighty chip on his shoulders. At no point does he ever think to assume some semblance of responsibility for his own wasted talent, preferring to ramble incoherently about some perceived organised vendetta against him and others of his ilk.
    Seriously delusional, and at times I wondered last night whether he was high, or whether he is suffering serious mental illness.
    Yep,

But great viewing.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Serious mental health issues there. Can't hold a coherent thread on anything. Can't be interrupted. Won't listen to a single word coming back to him.
    What a nightmare. That's actually making me nauseous watching it. Literally. Have to turn it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Great television I thought personally. Jacko is a disrespectful wacko. But on the other hand he has done what he set out to do. People are talking about him again.

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty grandiose type of character. I don't think I ever saw him play, but footy is a very homogenous world these days so seeing the footage and listening to his perspective was a really stark point of difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Great television I thought personally. Jacko is a disrespectful wacko. But on the other hand he has done what he set out to do. People are talking about him again.
    Amongst all the yelling and screaming and carrying on, he actually has a bit of a football brain, (in there somewhere )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Amongst all the yelling and screaming and carrying on, he actually has a bit of a football brain, (in there somewhere )
    Yes he does but he won't or cannot express himself in a proper manner.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes he does but he won't or cannot express himself in a proper manner.
    True. It's a real shame he didn't make use of his talent as he could kick some ripper goals.

I remember back in the 80s he said he use to run at players to scare them, but the one player that was never afraid was Rick Kennedy.

Post Thanks / Like

He played before my time - but I noticed in his career stats that he kicked at least one goal in every one of his first 79 matches...and only missed out once in his 82 games.

Average of 3.76 goals per game. Must have had some ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    True. It's a real shame he didn't make use of his talent as he could kick some ripper goals.

I remember back in the 80s he said he use to run at players to scare them, but the one player that was never afraid was Rick Kennedy.
    Remember that too with Rick. He averaged 3.7 goals a game too so if he had his screwed on the right way he could have been very successful.

Post Thanks / Like

This was a self promotion for Jacko's sportsmen's nights. I watched half the show which was more than enough.The guy tried to ridicule Mike Sheahan to make himself look good. I thought it was pathetic.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed his comments re: an Australian rules national trust and the distinction he made between AFL and Australian Rules Football. I also nodded along with his abuse of the AFL media, until it got too personal with Sheehan, but we are seeing it at work with Boyd, so good on him.

Lost me on the women in footy front. That was just low brow stupidity.

Post Thanks / Like

The bit where he refers to Kelvin Templeton as "this hack who wouldn't get a kick in a gang fight" is particularly delicious.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh that was bloody awful .
    All about himself