Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Open Mike - Jacko

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Remember that too with Rick. He averaged 3.7 goals a game too so if he had his screwed on the right way he could have been very successful.
    Mal Brown said years ago that having to coach Jackson at South Fremantle "Was a penalty put onto (him) by Richmond" as he was on loan from Richmond at the time.

He once had Tony Buhagiar run past him and say "Hey Jacko, Jacko, you've got no balls."

With that, Jacko turned to the grandstand, pulled down his pants and said "What are these? What are these?"

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ADHD ? With a mixture of narcism?
    Somethings he said I agree with and as much as people say he is a nut he isn't as stupid as you think . Definitely a football brain and could have been anything football wise.
    Kind of reminds me of Warwick Capper , different personalities but the same If that makes sense. Just out there !
    Oh I enjoy these personalities , makes the world an interesting and entertaining place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    He played before my time - but I noticed in his career stats that he kicked at least one goal in every one of his first 79 matches...and only missed out once in his 82 games.

Average of 3.76 goals per game. Must have had some ability.
    He was a decent mark and a straight kick for goal. What he did do well was control the forward line. He had all his teammates house trained. No one else kicked a Joe the goose in Jacko's forward line. Even if he had to run 30 metres to get it all the simple goals were his and his alone. God help you if you ran into an open goal before checking to make sure Jacko wasn't calling for a handball nearby. It was funny that his teammates were just as frightened of him as opponents were.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Intelligence and mental illness often go together. Believe me I know. Which makes it even harder to deal with.

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolute send up if I've ever seen one. He was deliberately being abrasive in order to get attention and make himself a quid. The bloke is promoting a windscreen company on his shirt for god's sake.

Would take his antics with a grain of salt.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Intelligence and mental illness often go together. Believe me I know. Which makes it even harder to deal with.

Yep. When your brain starts actively conspiring against you then the more intelligent the brain the worse it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. When your brain starts actively conspiring against you then the more intelligent the brain the worse it is.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm dealing with a family member who isn't promoting a windscreen company and I recognized the madness and rage. Made me feel very uncomfortable watching that. That was beyond a performance, that was deep bitterness and a headspace way beyond logic and self reflection.

12. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm dealing with a family member who isn't promoting a windscreen company and I recognized the madness and rage. Made me feel very uncomfortable watching that. That was beyond a performance, that was deep bitterness and a headspace way beyond logic and self reflection.
    Jacko was always like that, on and off the field.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Jacko was always like that, on and off the field.
    Yeah Jacko has always been crazy in a sort of good / bad way.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

All the best for you and your family member DD. Hopefully you get appropriate support from family and MH services in your area.

Agree that there is no way Jacko puts it on. He is a genuinely eccentric, grandiose type of character.

16. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't seen this episode with Mark Jackson, then I recommend you do.

I laughed throughout, I agreed on some points Jacko made, and couldn't believe what he said to Mike.

For those that never saw Jacko, you will be shocked on his antics on the field. (some clips in episode)

That was fascinating.

He's a narcissist, a bully and a victim - but he's crazy like a fox. Made some salient points. Loved the one about Melbourne being at the bottom and players not caring about the team because they were interested in saving themselves.

I'm no fan of Mike Sheahan, but I thought he handled himself pretty well and didn't rise to the bait.

Also, Jacko is absolutley huge. I wouldn't have sat opposite him with nothing between us when that kind of discourse was going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    That was fascinating.

He's a narcissist, a bully and a victim - but he's crazy like a fox. Made some salient points. Loved the one about Melbourne being at the bottom and players not caring about the team because they were interested in saving themselves.

I'm no fan of Mike Sheahan, but I thought he handled himself pretty well and didn't rise to the bait.

Also, Jacko is absolutley huge. I wouldn't have sat opposite him with nothing between us when that kind of discourse was going on.
    Rick Kennedy was a big bloke, have a look here:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Rick Kennedy was a big bloke, have a look here:

Great comparison shot to give some perspective. A scary barrel chested beast.

Post Thanks / Like

Kennedy would have scared Jackson. Kennedy scared everyone.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.