Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nat Fyfe Rumours This Trade Period

His name keeps getting mentioned in trade articles, not specific to our club. His manager has stated there's been numerous offers put to him to leave this trade period. The jungle drums are getting louder and you can see how it fits into Freo's stated strategy of needing a key forward, key back and run. To deliver McCarthy & Hill (& a full back, maybe Hamling) and keep pick 4, they need more picks in.

With our salary cap banking and Will & Koby gone/likely gone, we now have the cap space to accomodate him, and if Hamling wants to Freo that opens up a trade discussion about how much more of a trade get Fyfe. Is this something that we should be seriously looking at?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nat Fyfe Rumours This Trade Period

The Bont and Fyfe, now there is a partnership to rival Geelong's.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The Bont and Fyfe, now there is a partnership to rival Geelong's.
    Bonts: 192cm, 93kg, 21 in 2017
    Fyfe: 192cm, 93kg, 25 in 2017
    Stringer: 192cm, 93kg, 22 in 2017
    Macrae: 191cm, 85kg, 22 in 2017
    Dunkley: 190cm, 85kg, 19 in 2017

That'd be a huge midfield/resting forward line. Then little guys like Libba, Wallis, Picken, Jong, Dahl, Webb etc.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly dont think we have what it takes to get him with our first pick being 18. If Jong left and we had picked up 9 then maybe but at this stage I cant see it happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I honestly dont think we have what it takes to get him with our first pick being 18. If Jong left and we had picked up 9 then maybe but at this stage I cant see it happening.
    Yeah no currency and little left to trade with of value. At a minimum a trade would have to involve Hamling or Adams but we'd still need more than pick 18 and the likes or Hrovt, Stevens and Honey probably can't get us enough to bring him over.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of if's. If Hamling wants to go. If Hrovat goes to GCS and we do 18 for 9, also Koby around pick 30 (about what we paid). We could offer 9, 30 & Hamling as a starting point.

Freo get their full back, keep pick 4, and then have currency to get McCarthy as full forward and Hill for more outside run. Their Ballantyne trade gets them Aaron Black or Shane Kersten too. Moving Fyfe is the best thing for them I think. Whether we have the trade currency is the issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't see it. Fyfe would be Hamling and two single figure draft picks which we don't have and couldn't get without giving the Bont away, and that's not going to happen because the footy club people like the ground without the grandstands burnt down.

And his legs are Donald.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

8. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    A lot of if's. If Hamling wants to go. If Hrovat goes to GCS and we do 18 for 9, also Koby around pick 30 (about what we paid). We could offer 9, 30 & Hamling as a starting point.

Freo get their full back, keep pick 4, and then have currency to get McCarthy as full forward and Hill for more outside run. Their Ballantyne trade gets them Aaron Black or Shane Kersten too. Moving Fyfe is the best thing for them I think. Whether we have the trade currency is the issue.
    They'd have too look at that. They need to rebuild a list, from the bottom. Fyfe is 25 and while he may play finals again in 4-5 years he'll be near to 30 with his best football behind him. If they get Hamling now at 23 and Pick 9 and a later pick they'd have to look at it, especially if Fyfe nominates us. I hope we're looking at it too. I think Fyfe's value has dropped slightly with that leg, while Hamling's has certainly shot through the roof. We may still come up a bit short though.

Still, Murphy, Crameri, Fyfe, Adams and Cloke into the side next year = back to back flags.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets not under sell Hamling.

Who out of Hamling and Fyfe is the premiership player?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Likes bulldogtragic, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nathan Hrovat will be the next Nat Fyfe. Mark my words.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

as long as we dont get Rockliff. Awesome player but by some close reports loves to Party.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    as long as we dont get Rockliff. Awesome player but by some close reports loves to Party.....

Yep. I've heard that too. I have also heard that even though Rockliff and Pearce Handley are great mates they aren't exactly good for one another in that they can get a bit silly in one another's company.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

In what World is Hrovat getting us a 9 pick upgrade in the first round?

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if Hrovat goes it'll be for Carltons pick 41 and thats it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

In what World is Hrovat getting us a 9 pick upgrade in the first round?
    Ordinarily I'd agree. Jong & Hartlett knocking them back helps a tad. GCS enquired reasonably strongly about him last year, so we know they rate him. But GCS have a few Academy picks at the pointy end which opens up mathematicians to get involved. The downgrade is only a little over 550 draft points. If we traded 37 for 41, that gets them 71 points back. Effectively they get Hrovat for less than 500 draft points, or draft points to the value of pick 37. (That's assuming Stevens can't help us get something better than 37). That's pretty close to win-win if we get top 10 and they get Rat for effectively pick 50. If Carlton's 41 is the best offer, I'd rather take a first round upgrade and second round downgrade.

Edit: This is the math:

Pick 8 to Pick 18: 566 loss in draft points
    Pick 41 to Pick 37: 71 gain in draft points

495 loss of draft points - equivalent to pick 37. So essentially GCS get Hrovat for pick 37.
    (If Stevens netted us a pick at 30 for example, & we used that and kept 37 the loss would be only 349 points or equivalent to pick 45)

We'd have pick 8, 37, 41 & 59 (in the Stevens scenario).

GCS keep 4, 6, 14 & 18, 22, 23, 25, 27 & 30 and get Hrovat included in that (for effectily pick 45 such is the minor draft point downgrade). That's how it can be sold.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 08-10-2016 at 07:26 PM.