Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  41
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran Roos culled

Ok, I've gone with the obvious headline .
    All things considered, is it odd timing just before finals to make this public ?
    Not great for morale in the dressing room would of thought.
    Besides Harvey, the other three are cooked

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Veteran Roos culled

I find the timing really, really weird. North will be thanking the AFEL for free agency compo because if they had to pay anything to get NDS then it'd be too much. Surprising Waite survived too with the injuries he's had this year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Firrito would get one more year ???

Also surprised with the way they announce the player who has played more games than anyone else is getting cut ... velvet sledgehammer
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

The timing of the announcement could have been brought about by the players, who may well have wanted to settle their future for next year. One thing that it has settled is that there is no way they will be retiring as 2016 premiership players for North.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

5. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barry Hall's elbows wishes them a happy retirement.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

7. Likes cinder, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I find the timing really, really weird. North will be thanking the AFEL for free agency compo because if they had to pay anything to get NDS then it'd be too much. Surprising Waite survived too with the injuries he's had this year.
    I genuinely think they forgot about Waite and he kept his head down while they decided who should go. That's gotta be a more obvious decision than Waite should spend another year on the long term injury list at north.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Barry Hall's elbows wishes them a happy retirement.
    One of the funniest things I've seen in a game. Barry Hall bopping opponents with the back of his elbow. It was like a bizarre ballet.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Roscoe is not impressed. He said it should have been done 12 months earlier...along with Brad Scott
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Roscoe is not impressed. He said it should have been done 12 months earlier...along with Brad Scott
    With the results in the second half of the season he is correct.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I thought Firrito would get one more year ???

Also surprised with the way they announce the player who has played more games than anyone else is getting cut ... velvet sledgehammer
    Sarcasm with Ferrito?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

They'll be stuffed without Harvey. He won at least three games for them this year.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

So Norf have now gone from being easily the oldest team in the league to simply being the oldest team in the league?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

14. Likes bulldogtragic, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we treated Grant or Johno like Harvey has been treated I'd be pissed. Harvey earned the right to make an announcement be it retiring or if moving on, after the year. On top of Scott badly hosing down the excitement of his 400th last year, he's been treated like crap by Scott & North. As much as I love Picken smashing him, he deserves better and I reckon will get another season for sure. He could be the 2017 version of Stevie J playing out a good last season or two elsewhere.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

It reminds me of when Terry Wallace told us in round 21 he would be leaving at seasons end, instead we bought forward his end.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If we treated Grant or Johno like Harvey has been treated I'd be pissed. Harvey earned the right to make an announcement be it retiring or if moving on, after the year. On top of Scott badly hosing down the excitement of his 400th last year, he's been treated like crap by Scott & North. As much as I love Picken smashing him, he deserves better and I reckon will get another season for sure. He could be the 2017 version of Stevie J playing out a good last season or two elsewhere.
    Didn't we kind of treat West like this?