Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  41
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Veteran Roos culled

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Although I recall a clear feeling of "Norf's headed off the edge of a cliff" during our game against them a few weeks back, I can't help but feel they've fluffed this one..

Harvey has been good this year and is a club legend. The Firrito decision was a no brainer, dal Santo is cooked and so is Petrie. However, Nahas is a never-will-be and Farren Ray was already identified as a blocker of developing talent on a rebuilding St Kilda list.

Therefore, surely it's out with Nahas, Ray, Petrie and Ferrito, whilst Harvey stays?! if you had a choice of one more year out of a good 38 year old, or one more year out of a poor 31 year old, wouldn't you go with the good 38 year old?! Particularly if the other two are ordinary ring-ins and the 38 year old is an in form club legend?!
    That's a good analysis Webby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Sarcasm with Ferrito?
    Ooooh yeah
    WOOF Member 422

3. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Come aboard Roscoe . Handled poorly, and I reckon B Scott will try what C Scott did .
    Thing is there ain't no Dangerfield out there . This could be a Freo fall off the cliff

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else hope the thread title referred to Paul Roos?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently North members are threatening to cut up their memberships and hold a protest at Etihad before the GWS game, over the way the club handled it (not necessarily the decision). Scott's press coherence has done nothing to make it better.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Come aboard Roscoe . Handled poorly, and I reckon B Scott will try what C Scott did .
    Thing is there ain't no Dangerfield out there . This could be a Freo fall off the cliff
    I was actually calling North for the spoon in round 11 this year. With this announcement I'm more confident.

Who is this Roscoe people are talking about?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I was actually calling North for the spoon in round 11 this year. With this announcement I'm more confident.

Who is this Roscoe people are talking about?
    Open-minded North supporter, GVGjr's mate and some times poster.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

A public relations disaster. And.......... Harvey is playing great footy.
    The other 3 can go..........but the Harvey call is a monumental howler on every level.

Post Thanks / Like

All,

Your moderator has called me out ...

Yesterday's asinine PR balls up quintessentially showed why North cannot be competitive at the pointy end of the season.

The clean out should have occurred last year, if not several years ago, with the coach and his coterie following. In my view, the decision makers have little to no clue on list management, and it would now appear PR management.

I actually don't follow the footy much any more, with North's current fall from grace obvious from afar.

Now .. a team like the Bulldogs is one worth following. Barring JJ and Bob's injuries, I think you would now be higher on the ladder, with a very genuine chance of the ultimate success. At your best, the Bulldogs are a scintillating team - much like North of a previous era.

13. Thanks 1eyedog, Bulldog4life, The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs, jeemak, Remi Moses, soupman, chef, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_G View Post
    All,

Your moderator has called me out ...

Yesterday's asinine PR balls up quintessentially showed why North cannot be competitive at the pointy end of the season.

The clean out should have occurred last year, if not several years ago, with the coach and his coterie following. In my view, the decision makers have little to no clue on list management, and it would now appear PR management.

I actually don't follow the footy much any more, with North's current fall from grace obvious from afar.

Now .. a team like the Bulldogs is one worth following. Barring JJ and Bob's injuries, I think you would now be higher on the ladder, with a very genuine chance of the ultimate success. At your best, the Bulldogs are a scintillating team - much like North of a previous era.
    Welcome back roscoe. That Brad Scott is a very bad man. We are very vocal critics at WOOF. I wonder if he is as keen to examine a future at North without him as he was the players.

And how did Waite miss out? Contracted or did he hide behind a door everytime the list managers turned up?

Post Thanks / Like

All,

The clean out should have occurred last year, if not several years ago, with the coach and his coterie following.
    At least they made the decision now, but ballsed up the timing. Should have waited till seasons end and then held a function to farewell them.

Now .. a team like the Bulldogs is one worth following.
    Buy a membership and you are in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Scott's press coherence has done nothing to make it better.
    The best description I heard was Scott saying if they were on the list he couldn't help but play them in 2017.
    So he's basically an overeater that has gotten someone else to padlock the fridge.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

17. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Welcome back roscoe. That Brad Scott is a very bad man. We are very vocal critics at WOOF. I wonder if he is as keen to examine a future at North without him as he was the players.

And how did Waite miss out? Contracted or did he hide behind a door everytime the list managers turned up?
    Thanks Twodogs.

Your comments are very fair in my view. Scott is a terrible coach, with a long-term track record which is at best underwhelming - how he can not be part of the en masse exit is inexplicable. As for Waite, he has been utterly terrible for most of his stay at North, punctuated by about 6 or 7 games earlier this season befitting Malcolm Blight. His reversion to the mean of his form and ability was all but assured. Yes, he should go to, along with Ray, Higgins and Nahas. However, real the point is: these types of marginal and chequered players should not have been recruited to the club in the first place.

For the record, Firitto has been excellent this year, but I think it a timely point for him to exit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Chairman saying an 'aggressive reset' is required a fortnight out from finals. What a balls up.
    Reminds me of the Bulldogs saying were were having a "reset not a rebuild" as we showed Eade the door and brought B-Mac in.

North don't have kids like Libba, Wallis, Dahl, Roughy and JJ on their list as we did, either.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Twodogs.

Your comments are very fair in my view. Scott is a terrible coach, with a long-term track record which is at best underwhelming - how he can not be part of the en masse exit is inexplicable. As for Waite, he has been utterly terrible for most of his stay at North, punctuated by about 6 or 7 games earlier this season befitting Malcolm Blight. His reversion to the mean of his form and ability was all but assured. Yes, he should go to, along with Ray, Higgins and Nahas. However, real the point is: these types of marginal and chequered players should not have been recruited to the club in the first place.

For the record, Firitto has been excellent this year, but I think it a timely point for him to exit.
    On SEN this morning they said that North had debuted 3 players over the last two seasons. I reckon there were times over the last couple of years that we debuted 3 players in a game. The best thing that happened to us over the last few years was Griffen walking out the door. It gave us a chance to cut further into our list than we would have dared otherwise. The loss of Cooney, Higgins, Jones and Tutt seemed fairly minor in comparison and saved the club a lot of uproar over losing so many club favorites at once. That we were able to parley the draft picks we got for those guys into kids like Daniel, Maclean, Webb, Williams and Lynch was the real bonus. While its Bontempelli, stringer and Macrae that are the real quality, it's kids like the former backing them up and playing good footy for years to come that fills me with confidence that our time has finally arrived.

I reckon we could even indulge ourselves and check what Boomer Harvey has planned next year. Unlike a lot of our forwards he can kick straight.

21. Likes Mofra liked this post